Your Favorite Romantic Muppet Moment

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I love Kermit's concern about Piggy and Robin's concern about both of them in Muppet Family Christmas. I think this special shows Kermit and Piggy at their best--affectionate, sweet and very much attached to each other. Kermit and Piggy snuggling on the couch at the end never fails to make me happy.

zoebell

Reaction score
yeah, they're basically a couple in this movie

Ruahnna

Reaction score
There is Kermit's happy, goofy, self-satisfied smile and he holds her hand while they walk to the house. "Yep--that's MY GIRL there that just made that stunning entrance! Lucky me, huh?" The way they exchange kisses on the couch--and Kermit doesn't even squirm like an eight-year-old (like he does on the Disney bumper, the execrable Walgreen's singing thing and on A Red and Green Christmas Album). You can see, I think, why a mature, non-childish, non-fat-joke Kermit--which was what we got when Jim was with us--is what old-timers like me consider to be normal. While Kermit might not be rushing out to buy a house with a picket fence, his affection was genuine and visible to everyone who cared about him. He put thought into his present for Piggy and was delighted when she finally joined them all at the farm house. I've only recently begun to see THAT frog again after all this time--not the 14-year-old masquerading as a grown-up version of Kermit that they kept trying to shove on us.

And I will tell you something else, guys--woman find men who commit very likeable. I don't mean, women find men who commit to them likeable--I mean, ladies like a man not afraid to stake his claim and declare himself. THAT's the Kermit I admire and love. (And the guy washing dishes in the zebra-print coat isn't too bad, either!)

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
My favorite romantic Muppet moment is Kermit and Piggy doing 'Love Led Us Here' in MTI. I can hardly put into word how full of love and feeling I find that moment, but I shall try:

Its got both of them repenting, its got a crying Piggy, Kermit trying to cheer her up and then they sing together and all is forgiven as they prepare to fall to their deaths as 'heaven seems so near', and they're rescued now having made up and realizing their love for each other that had never died <3 (perhaps that love even saved them :wink: )

LinkLady77

Reaction score
Anytime. He is so adorable--looks just like the real puppet.

..man we need a link smiley!
Yes we do need a Link smiley!! It would look great next to a proud/smug remark...LOL! And yes, I will work on posting a full picture of my Link drawing. I need to consult my computer savvy brother for this one...hee hee.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Hmm... my fav "romantic" Muppet moment is from Muppets at Disney World where Gonzo sings "Love in a Laundromat" to Camilla. I loved that special as a kid, and the song was pretty good.

Borples

Reaction score
"Camilla! You're sweeter than wine or vanilla, Camilla."

Okay, the Big Bird thing kind of ruined the moment, and I don't think that Gonzo/Camilla is exactly a romance for the ages anyway, but I sure do like that song. :smile:

zoebell

Reaction score
yeah, but other than that, i mean- gonzo has camilla at least, floyd has janice, kermit and piggy of course...it just seems with fozzie being one of the big four and all they should have given him somebody over the years