Your Favorite Romantic Muppet Moment

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
I love TMS Lesley Anne Warren episode's closing number "Last Dance" when she is flirting with Link at the disco and typically macho Link has no idea how to respond to her advances...LOL. I liked how at the end of their dance he wearily collapses into her arms and she pelts his porcine face with kisses...hee hee.
Hey, like your avy! Did you draw that?

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Amazing!

I actually got to meet and talk with Richard's two sisters. They were very excited to be at muppetfest and started talking to me because of my Beaker pin on my jacket. Im so happy to see Richard's characters become such big hits with people, but now its even better that his signature Scooter is back in the spotlight
SOOOO cool! Man, I wish I were at MuppetFest.

David Rudman really hits that sweet half-wit side of Scooter with his line "You are all naked..." I live for that side of Scooter.

beaker

Reaction score
SOOOO cool! Man, I wish I were at MuppetFest.

David Rudman really hits that sweet half-wit side of Scooter with his line "You are all naked..." I live for that side of Scooter.
Yeah that was great. I believe it was 2008 at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody where Scooter FINALLY found his voice. Til then, the few lines we did get from him(to me) seemed way off. Scotter is in the film much more than Gonzo, Pepe, etc combined so he's definitely one of the main Muppets again

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Yeah that was great. I believe it was 2008 at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody where Scooter FINALLY found his voice. Til then, the few lines we did get from him(to me) seemed way off. Scotter is in the film much more than Gonzo, Pepe, etc combined so he's definitely one of the main Muppets again
More than Gonzo and Pepe? Man, that is a lead role.

In Letters to Santa, it seemed a lot more like nerdy Baby Scooter mixed with TMS Scooter. Now, especially with the new puppet, he's just like Richard's old Scooter again.

Fraggline

Reaction score
I love TMS Lesley Anne Warren episode's closing number "Last Dance" when she is flirting with Link at the disco and typically macho Link has no idea how to respond to her advances...LOL. I liked how at the end of their dance he wearily collapses into her arms and she pelts his porcine face with kisses...hee hee.
Aw, that's sweet! :smile:

Fraggline

Reaction score
More than Gonzo and Pepe? Man, that is a lead role.

In Letters to Santa, it seemed a lot more like nerdy Baby Scooter mixed with TMS Scooter. Now, especially with the new puppet, he's just like Richard's old Scooter again.
Yeah, now that you mention it, he did seem that way. I kind of like Scooter when he's sort of nerdy--it seems to be a bit of his personality.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I mean as much I love Muppet Babies, it's a completely different show from The Muppet Show and a different Scooter. :wink: :wink:

LinkLady77

Reaction score
Hey, like your avy! Did you draw that?
Yes, I did! It's a cropped pic of a colored pencil drawing that I did of my favorite Muppet hunk...I wish I knew how to post a pic of the full drawing on one of these threads! Thanks for the compliment! :jim:

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Yeah I mean as much I love Muppet Babies, it's a completely different show from The Muppet Show and a different Scooter. :wink: :wink:
Exactly! They probably needed to change his personality so that each Muppet Baby would have a defined cartoonish stereotype/interest.

What makes me curious is this: in a trailer for the new movie, he is called a "geek". I heard that geeks were people who were interested in something that wasn't a mainstream fad (like me; Muppets 4 ever!). So what does Scooter geek out on?

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Yeah, now that you mention it, he did seem that way. I kind of like Scooter when he's sort of nerdy--it seems to be a bit of his personality.
Yeah, it has really sunk in. It's really cute, now that I think about it.