Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

Do you hate Scooter?

• Yes, because I'm a terrible person

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • No, because I'm wonderful

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Maybe, but I have no backbone so I can't make up my mind

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I can't help but love Scooter. Before I was born, my parents used him as my nickname when they talked about me (even though I'm a girl) :smile: They also bought a Scooter ornament for our tree, which I will always treasure. I'm a big fan of his sister, too.
Ooh, is it the 1980 porcelain Sigma ornament? B/c that's a really rare item.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Ooh, is it the 1980 porcelain Sigma ornament? B/c that's a really rare item.
It might be :smile: I was born in '81 so they may have bought it for '80 Christmas because of my nickname. It's also basically just his head, if that helps.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
It might be :smile: I was born in '81 so they may have bought it for '80 Christmas because of my nickname. It's also basically just his head, if that helps.
Oh, I've seen that ornament. Not quite as rare as the Sigma one, but still hard to come by.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Someday I'm going to have to purchase a small amount of web property somewhere and put my Scooter fansite back up. *pauses to curse Geocities*

Scooter's been my favorite Muppet for a long time, although I don't think I realized how much I liked him until he was, well, gone. There are times that I wonder what sort of roles he could have played in the Muppet projects he was absent from (for instance, wouldn't he have made a perfect Nephew Fred in Muppet Christmas Carol?).

One of the first roleplay communities I got into on LiveJournal was a prompt writing community called Theatrical Muse, and Scooter was the first journal I made for that site. I've been RP-ing him for six years now and it's been quite fun, exploring aspects of his personality and developing his background.

-Kim
So it was you behind the Kermit fansite all along?? Wow! You did a great job! I remember first starting out as a naiive little Muppet fan (and a HUGE Scooter fan) and coming across the site.

When I saw it was done by Skeeter Muppet, I thought, "Gee, it's sure nice of Scooter's sister to create a fan website all about him."

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
So it was you behind the Kermit fansite all along?? Wow! You did a great job! I remember first starting out as a naiive little Muppet fan (and a HUGE Scooter fan) and coming across the site.

When I saw it was done by Skeeter Muppet, I thought, "Gee, it's sure nice of Scooter's sister to create a fan website all about him."
I'm assuming you mean the Scooter fansite, but yes that was me. I wish I had updated it a bit more than I did before GeoCities shut down. I suppose it does live on (sort of) through the Internet Archive, but it's not really the same.

But, like I said, maybe someday I'll purchase a small bit of web property and put it back up.

-Kim

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just going to ask this...

Is there any one that's on this site that DOESN'T like Scooter? I'd say he's pretty appreciated at least here. I'm sure everyone's favorite things about LTS and the new movie was Scooter having a semi-major role.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I'm just going to ask this...

Is there any one that's on this site that DOESN'T like Scooter? I'd say he's pretty appreciated at least here. I'm sure everyone's favorite things about LTS and the new movie was Scooter having a semi-major role.
I think within the fanbase, he's more appreciated and loved. But outside that, maybe not so much; People who are casual fans per se, would usually pick Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal or even Pepe as their favourite Muppet. Here in the UK, a movie magazine called Empire did a 20 page spread on The Muppets. There was a section where celebrities mentioned who their favourite character is - Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Beaker, Robin, Janice, Animal, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Floyd all were chosen but not one person picked Scooter :frown:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I think within the fanbase, he's more appreciated and loved. But outside that, maybe not so much; People who are casual fans per se, would usually pick Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal or even Pepe as their favourite Muppet. Here in the UK, a movie magazine called Empire did a 20 page spread on The Muppets. There was a section where celebrities mentioned who their favourite character is - Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Beaker, Robin, Janice, Animal, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Floyd all were chosen but not one person picked Scooter :frown:
I agree with Scooter being loved more in the fanbase area and it's kind of sad that he's not loved more outside of it, he deserves the love!

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I don't see why anybody can hate Scooter. He's a fantastic character for the show. He's a great assistant to Kermit as well as others to help control the craziness that occurs a lot of times. Not only that, he's a wonderful performer for the production numbers during the show. What I like about Scooter is he likes to help others whenever they need it.