Ultra rare characters you'd love to see

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
Aside from Kevin Clash's characters, I'd like to see Lefty the Salesman come back. Though, he might not be the best character for today's audiences.
LEFTY! I can't believe I forgot about him! I loved his sketches, but you're right about him probably not being the best character to make a comeback. ^^;

They have those Robert Downey Jr. Sherlock Holmes movies and all this renewed interest in the character... now's the perfect time for the character to come back... direct parody or reference to the movies or not.
I second this! :excited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
No. I was just listing Kevin's characters to show how versatile he is. Baby Natasha is on a handful of sketches!
You don't see her as much as you used to, though. I'm disappointed they completely abandoned the Baby Talk sketch after 2 segments. That would have been a great recurring feature on the show.

I wish they'd do more Hidden Gems stuff, and just shove older AM characters in the background, even if they don't have a line. Though I will say, Joey did a GREAT job with Harvey Kneeslapper. He should stop by again, even briefly.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hmm, I always loved Harvey Kneeslapper, I'd like to see more of Frazzle, Barkley, Benny was a GREAT Kevin Clash character, I loved when he used to make his two front teeth squeak when he was agitated lol
My sister and I always got a kick out of Oscar's dog Preposterous Puppy, speaking of Oscar, I'd love to see Grungetta and his niece Irvine come back.
And out of more recent years, I also loved the little black and white cat Little Murray Sparkles. OH! and Biff and Sully going back to classic characters.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Hmm, I always loved Harvey Kneeslapper, I'd like to see more of Frazzle, Barkley, Benny was a GREAT Kevin Clash character, I loved when he used to make his two front teeth squeak when he was agitated lol
My sister and I always got a kick out of Oscar's dog Preposterous Puppy, speaking of Oscar, I'd love to see Grungetta and his niece Irvine come back.
And out of more recent years, I also loved the little black and white cat Little Murray Sparkles. OH! and Biff and Sully going back to classic characters.
Yeah, what ever happen to Grungetta ? I mean she does appear from time to time, but not as frequently as she did in the 90s. :grouchy:

Also I would love to see Abby's reaction to Barkley, even if she could try to take care of him for a while, the laughs that would make. :stick_out_tongue:

Katzi428

Reaction score
How about Simon Soundman? Has he been around?
Another character I thought of was Don Music. But I remembered they took him off was because he was always banging his head on the piano. Too many kids were doing that.:ouch:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Prairie's one of my favorite characters. I really don't like the fact they don't use her; she and Cookie Monster make one heck of a team. It seems odd to me that they'd use her sporadically until the 90's, then less often in the early 00's, but when she and Cookie started doing the letter of the day, she appeared more often than ever. Then, in season 39, she appeared less often than ever.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Prairie's one of my favorite characters. I really don't like the fact they don't use her; she and Cookie Monster make one heck of a team. It seems odd to me that they'd use her sporadically until the 90's, then less often in the early 00's, but when she and Cookie started doing the letter of the day, she appeared more often than ever. Then, in season 39, she appeared less often than ever.
Speaking of Prairie, whatever happened to Betty Lou? She was just so sweet and I loved the ice skating segment with her and Bert it was just so adorable <3 (that's an older segment)

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I would really love to see Prairie's reaction to meeting Abby Cadabby. :insatiable:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yeah, what ever happen to Grungetta ? I mean she does appear from time to time, but not as frequently as she did in the 90s. :grouchy:

Also I would love to see Abby's reaction to Barkley, even if she could try to take care of him for a while, the laughs that would make. :stick_out_tongue:
She was all over the Sesame I grew up with in the mid 80s too. She was in a lot of the street storylines over the years.

I also vote for a big return for Prairie Dawn! Fran Brill is just too amazing a Muppeteer to only be doing Zoe as a main character. Prairie Dawn is also another character from my Sesame Street childhood, all the pageants, the demonstrations with Cookie Monster and Grover, etc. She's awesome!