The Videogame Thread

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm debating whether I should buy Kirby's Epic Yarn for myself. I'm a rather lazy video game player :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
There was also one just like it that had just four.. vikings I want to say? They each could only do one thing...
And yes, both games eat money like candy :frown:
I wanna say the Lost Vikings... but that was never an arcade game to my knowledge.

But Gauntlet... ugh... eats money like AIR.

Nothing worse than a game that takes energy out of you from hoards of unavoidable villains... except when they take it out of time too.

I think the Back to The Future II and III for NES is one of the worst games I've ever seen.
I know this is an old quote by someone who isn't even here... but I actually tried BTTF2/3 again and I have to say, the little puzzle games to get items are actually fun. But if you want that, you should check out Bill and Ted's Excellent Game Boy Adventure instead. It has all the fun of puzzle games without the mindless wandering the streets that go in every direction forever in three different time zones.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I remember The Lost Vikings- great PC game. I don't know if it ever made it to arcades.

I do know I've played the Back to the Future NES video games- and yeah, they are pretty frustrating. I like playing them because I love Back to the Future- but of the various BTTF video games released, I think some of my favorites are the Japanese "Back to the Future Part II" game released for SuperFamicom (Super Nintendo in Japan) and the "Back to the Future Part III" game released for Sega Genesis.
Even Bob Gale pretty openly said he was disgusted with the Nintendo games. http://bttf.wikia.com/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_(video_game)
But there have been a few other BTTF games of interest- the Back to the Future pinball game is pretty cool from what I hear and just a few years back Christopher Lloyd reprised his role as Doc Brown to help create BTTF slot machines (which Bob Gale directed the storyline for too.)
And sometime at the end of this year there is supposed to be some new Back to the Future video games released!
http://bttf.wikia.com/wiki/Back_to_the_Future_(2010_video_game)
This one Bob Gale is very much involved in and will hopefully be a really good product. I can't say I totally like the artwork, but it's not bad for what it is.:smile:

KarinTeeth

Reaction score
Mario, Sonic, and Zelda are the first games I can remember playing. Donkey Kong came around about ten or eleven years ago. X3

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Classic Sonic : Sonic 1-3, Knuckles, Spinball. Haven't played CD, and 3D Blast is a dizzying eyesore!
Mickey's Speedway USA for N64
Michael Jackson Experience: I pwned my friend the other day. MJ rules!
Pac- Man, Donkey Kong, etc. occassionally.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Then again, I've also enjoyed some of the things that have come before my time, such as Sesame Street--which started in the 60's/70's--and Underdog--a 60's cartoon phenomenon that became a American symbol over the years--and a few of the things that came after my time, such as Johnen Vasquez's underground hit, Invader Zim (which does have standards, despite being made by the same twisted genius who--like fellow madcap artist, Tim Burton--lives in a nightmare-ish world of dark creepiness & who has thusly created stuff like Johnny the Homicidal Maniac as a result; :crazy: ).
Oh. My. Gosh. My friend loves Invader Zim. I mean LOVES Invader Zim, Gir especially. She even went as Gir for Halloween in a custom made costume!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Has anyone played Rayman Origins? If you are a fan of platformers you need to check it out. Side scrolling platformers are really a thing of the past, but the game proves that they can still be just as fun and hard. I am a fan of the first Rayman and I think Origins is 100x better. Style, gameplay...and its less monotonous. I really like all the redesigns except the magician. He went from a hot whatever rayman is to a teensie (another species in the rayman universe) due to some weird plot thing that rayman is the only one of his kind. Yes...I find him hot (before the change)...dont look at me like that

beaker

Reaction score
Oh. My. Gosh. My friend loves Invader Zim. I mean LOVES Invader Zim, Gir especially. She even went as Gir for Halloween in a custom made costume!
I got to meet and hang with the creator and voices behind Zim recently.

Also as far as video games, Im mostly into 2d or 2.5d...not too big on 3d games

beaker

Reaction score
Has anyone played Rayman Origins? If you are a fan of platformers you need to check it out. Side scrolling platformers are really a thing of the past, but the game proves that they can still be just as fun and hard. I am a fan of the first Rayman and I think Origins is 100x better. Style, gameplay...and its less monotonous. I really like all the redesigns except the magician. He went from a hot whatever rayman is to a teensie (another species in the rayman universe) due to some weird plot thing that rayman is the only one of his kind. Yes...I find him hot (before the change)...dont look at me like that
Oh there will always be side scrollers. A lot of new ones came out on the ds. I am a fan of most newer 2d games, as long as it has that SNES like magic to it.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
:big_grin: So guess who beat Portal 2 single player mode tonight?

Next up on my list: Portal 2 Co-op mode with my sister and LoZ: Twighlight Princess on the Wii.