Why is Zoot so expensive?

Heli88

Reaction score
I'm relatively new to the Palisades Muppet line, but I've managed to get most of what I consider to be the important characters at fairly reasonable prices. But then there's Zoot, who came out way back in wave 3, when the line was doing well and presumably being produced in decent numbers, and he's $75 or more any time I see him on ebay.

Is there something I don't know about that wave? Was he hugely short packed or something? Rowlf, the next highest priced guy in the wave, tends to be about half Zoot's price.

As it is, I've pretty well given up on having a complete Electric Mayhem, but I'm curious if any of you folks could shed some light on Zoot's apparent rarity.

Walter

Reaction score
Hmm.. I too have heard Zoot was very rare..dunno why.. But I did here from Walter(in his 1/1 interview) that the Dr.Teeth steppin out variant is apparently EXTREMELY hard to find..dunno why either..He has zoot though:cool:

.. I wonder how hard it is to find Steppin out Zoot..lol

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i think the main reason zoot and the rest of series 3 are rare because that series has the lowest production compared to the others thats why you see more newsmen on ebay than scooter

Heli88

Reaction score
Ah; lower production would explain it.

Still stinks, but it's nice to at least know why.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Hmm.. I too have heard Zoot was very rare..dunno why.. But I did here from Walter(in his 1/1 interview) that the Dr.Teeth steppin out variant is apparently EXTREMELY hard to find..dunno why either..
The Dr. Teeth figure Walter was talking talking is a limited edition figure released as a Wizard World exclusive early in the life of the series.

Michael Smith

Reaction score
I have an extra Dr. Teeh Wizard World Figure (the one that Walter needs) that I am looking to part ways with. It is still mint in box; great figure overall. I am willing to sell what I paid for it at $125 (plus shipping). There is less than 500 of these figures in the world with even less of them being still mint in box! If interested, let me know.

pjtoadie

Reaction score
Yeah I was just looking on Ebay and there is a loose Zoot and the bid is up to $76 and the auction still has 2 days and 8 hours left.....wow! It's the yellow shirt one and that's the more common one? The repaint is the red-brown shirt, right? Ones that are mib are set at a buy it now price anywhere from $150-$329. So I'm a little confused I thought the repaints were more scarce and worth more? The yellow shirt Zoot figures are going for more than the repaint red-brown shirt ones. These Palisades figures are staring to confuse me haha.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Series 3 was very limited in production as well as series 9, figures from this series are rare.

I lucky have both verisons of Zoot, the yellow shirt one is loose and the red one is MIP. I'm the proud owner of all the Electric Mayhem figures (including Lips) all rocking together, I even have their repaints in MIB (well in the case of Animal, he's exclusive carded figure), minus another Lips in that case, sadly.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
Yeah, the reason Zoot is expensive is because series 3 had the shortest series run out of them all, but Zoot is even rarer than Scooter, Tux Rowlf, Lew, and the Swedish Playset. I do wish I had Zoot, his sandy shirt looks so awesome...:cool:

Therecanbonly1

Reaction score
A big part of why they are so expensive is that basically, EB was the only place to get them (which, I believe, was part of why the production run was so small. Toys R Us stopped selling them after series 2 and Target STARTED selling them with series 5. Still have a few Zoots left...gotta dig them out if people are willing to pay THAT. Much for them...Oh and the Dr Teeth Wizard World was only sold at Phily Wizard World and was PRE-release. You were able to buy him or any of series 1 a couple of days before they hit the stores. Glad I never openned mine...