The MuppetCast: End of an Era

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Not sure if you saw this on Facebook earlier today, but Steve Swanson, host of the Muppetcast announced that this week's episode (#212) will be the very last episode.

First we lost the Official Henson podcast, now the Muppetcast.
So what are we going to do to fill the void? We need a podcast covering all corners of the Henson realms on the internet, especially now in the Kermitlight of the awesome new movie.

Truly, this is a most disheartening turn of events.
Post your thoughts or send them to the Muppetcast's email address expressing your support and thanks to Steve and everyone associated with the show.

We'll always remember you, brave little podcast. You taught us pigs could fly and Snuffleupaguses were real and how Fraggles can touch the weariest heart.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Sad to see it go.Thanks, Steve, for 4 years of Muppety facts, fun and information and music.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm almost crying right now. You shouldn't leave us, Steve! I'll miss you.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
truly a sad day in the muppet community i got quite teareyed listening to but thanks steve for four muppetational years of my fav podcast to listen to

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm in such a bad mood now. I loved this show, and I'm so sad it's over.
There should be a Muppet podcast out there and someone should continue something like this.
To the MuppetCast!! For four great years! :frown:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hi everyone..
I think like Steve said.. this is a great opportunity for someone else to bring another Muppet podcast into the online community.
This week I'll try one, I'm just thinking of a name for it. I will get right on it

Muppet fan 123

dwayne1115

Reaction score
well if you need any help with anything let me know!
I would love to do a podcast, but I have a huge project I've been dove into (non - Muppet related) that is going to take up a lot of my time.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
well if you need any help with anything let me know!
I would love to do a podcast, but I have a huge project I've been dove into (non - Muppet related) that is going to take up a lot of my time.
Thanks! I defiantley would need some help with this. If you'd be able to help I would be eternally grateful.
If I do end up getting this done, it will be a great expierience, and would probably be a lot of fun. I hope this really goes through
I'm right now thinking of a name I could call it, do you have any ideas?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
This is incredibly sad - but understandable. Steve poured so much of his time, effort, money, talent, heart, soul, and body into this show, but it's been almost five years since the beginning, and I can understand why he has to say goodbye to it. I will miss it greatly.

Scooterfan5

Reaction score
Oh..this made me sad! I just started listening in 2010, and I was really looking forward to new episodes. I hope someone starts a new muppet podcast soon!