Bill Baretta as Kermits 'handler' according to article

Farron

Reaction score
Just reading through the various articles I could find after Jason and Kermits stay in Australia, and found one that says it is Bill that is beside Kermit and not Steve. That surprised me. I don't know everything that goes on but I never knew Bill helped out with Kermit? Furthermore the article states it was he who took over from Jim, and not Steve and surely that is incorrect.

Seated awkwardly next to Kermit is his handler, Bill Barretta, who took over when Muppets creator Jim Henson died in 1990. We pretend he's invisible but as the interview progresses, that becomes increasingly difficult. Try as we do to keep Kermit in character, Barretta and Segel adopt a slightly more relaxed approach. They're both in a giddy mood.

Outside of all that though it is a somewhat interesting piece, with Kermit saying Muppets From Space was his fave! :smile:

Anyway you can have a read here (although they may make some edits soon once they realise the mistakes): http://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/movies/green-keen-and-back-on-screen-20120105-1pllv.html

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm guessing this was a typo, seeing as it no longer says "Bill Barretta" and, instead, "Steve Whitmire". My guess is the journalist got their facts wrong and has since changed it. I'm sure there was a compliant or two already.

Farron

Reaction score
Yep.. already fixed!

I guess this piece is no longer all that relevant, but I was thinking perhaps Bill had made the trip to Australia and was doing some Kermit as well on this occasion considering he also did Rowlf and Teeth after Henson.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Yep.. already fixed!

I guess this piece is no longer all that relevant, but I was thinking perhaps Bill had made the trip to Australia and was doing some Kermit as well on this occasion considering he also did Rowlf and Teeth after Henson.
Nah. From all that I've read/seen, Steve's the only one who's done Kermit since Jim passed on, and I'm sure it'll continue to stay that way until Steve retires one day. :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Nah. From all that I've read/seen, Steve's the only one who's done Kermit since Jim passed on, and I'm sure it'll continue to stay that way until Steve retires one day. :smile:
I guess the Kermit swapping incident with Artie a couple of years ago has been forgotten, which led to the "One voice/one performer" protest.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Didn't that start with the Muppet auditions Disney held several years ago? I went, but sadly didnt even get a chance to do my voices. :frown: Woulda been fun (not to mention a dream come true) to be a Muppeteer!

Muppetfan2011

Reaction score
No matter who does Kermit these days is pretty close to Jim's but then maybe a littke different thn jim's as well

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Didn't that start with the Muppet auditions Disney held several years ago? I went, but sadly didnt even get a chance to do my voices. :frown: Woulda been fun (not to mention a dream come true) to be a Muppeteer!
You went to the auditions? Where was it?