Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

What is your favorite song from The Muppets soundtrack?

• The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Moopets

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • We Built This City - Starship

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

• Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper

• Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Muppets

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird

• Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

• Total voters

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The soundtrack is great. I've been listening to it so many times, I wonder if I'll get tired of the songs by the time the movie comes to DVD. Nah....

The tracks I skip the most are The Muppet Show Theme, Rainbow Connection (Moopets version), The Whistling Caruso, and Mahna Mahna. I am surprised by how often I choose to listen to Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard on this album (I don't listen to the Sesame Street version in Songs from the Street or watch the Sesame Street version in Old School Vol. 2 very often). I also enjoy listening to We Built This City a lot, though I already liked that song quite a bit.

I've noticed that in the booklet, it has lyrics for some of the songs but leaves out lyrics for songs that weren't written for the Muppets (it even omits lyrics to Mahna Mahna), but then for some reason the booklet also leaves out the lyrics to the Moopets verison of The Rainbow Connection.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I tend to only skip Me and Julio, The Whistling Caruso, Let's Talk About Me, and Mahna Mahna. The rest I've listened to so many times.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
On a side note my two year old starts singing life's a happy song every time I put her down to bed or for naps. Its pretty funny.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
does anyone have the itunes exclusive i wanna hear it steve whitmire style

muppetlover123

Reaction score
i can not get over how great the songs are compared to others......MWOZ god those songs annoyed me

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't like the fact that Disney only released the songs from the movie. I mean the soundtrack itself was great in the movie! Christopher Beck did a great job delivering the soundtrack, they should've put that on.

Also for the dialouge tracks, they're not needed! I don't really get the point, becuase why are they trying to help people understand the story from the soundtrack? The whole point is so that you should go see the movie!? Instead of all those dialouge tracks should've been the actual soundtrack