The Muppets 2011 DVD details

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't get why they have special players and tvs when you can do basic 3d on dvds (like coraline).
It's a way to make a few extra bucks, I'd buy a 3D DVD, but they make it that you have to have a special Blu-Ray 3D Player, plus the 3D Disc is about 50 bucks so it's not worth it for me anymore.
The deal is good for the people who have a Blu-ray player, but there are a large number of people who still have DVDs and that's the reason why they still make DVDs. I just don't feel like spending 20 bucks on the regular DVD when all there is is the movie. (No commentary, no deleted scenes, NOTHING, except a blooper reel)

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
As a Blu-ray owner though full-time student who pretty much lives on his laptop, I do use both Blu-rays and DVDs. When I buy a combo pack, I expect to inevitably just get the movie on the DVD, so I'm used to it. As for the DVD owners here, I understand the frustration. But this is getting way too deep. Yeah, having just a blooper reel does suck but it's better than nothing. I think I'm just going to stop reading this thread until all of this dies down.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I understand the frustration. But this is getting way too deep. Yeah, having just a blooper reel does suck but it's better than nothing. I think I'm just going to stop reading this thread until all of this dies down.
I know, but it's kinda frustrating when you have to spend $20 for a plain movie and a blooper reel. They didn't even put in the commentary. (Now that doesn't make any sense). Or the deleted scenes, I wasn't expecting any more for the DVD. I'm just still very mad about it. I hope they change it, or I shall never say the D-I-S-N-E-Y word

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i think certain members...not point fingers or saying names...are taking this as a personal attack from disney and they need to get out of that mindset

as if Disney personally knows they dont have blu rays players and is just sitting at the window going.."nanny nanny boo boo"

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I know, but it's kinda frustrating when you have to spend $20 for a plain movie and a blooper reel. They didn't even put in the commentary. (Now that doesn't make any sense). Or the deleted scenes, I wasn't expecting any more for the DVD. I'm just still very mad about it. I hope they change it, or I shall never say the D-I-S-N-E-Y word
Trust me, I understand. Remember 7 years ago when Disney re-released the Muppet movies they own for the first time and all we got on each disc was a single "Pepe's Profile" featurette (The Muppet Christmas Carol DVD notwithstanding) - and those were the same price as this DVD we're getting now! I can understand the frustration, trust me - I'm buying the combo pack but I know the DVD will be played much more often than the Blu-ray. For you guys' sake, I'm hoping that this is just an error by Disney and there will be a couple more bonus features than the blooper reel - if just the commentary and maybe half of the deleted scenes.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Trust me, I understand. Remember 7 years ago when Disney re-released the Muppet movies they own for the first time and all we got on each disc was a single "Pepe's Profile" featurette (The Muppet Christmas Carol DVD notwithstanding) - and those were the same price as this DVD we're getting now! I can understand the frustration, trust me - I'm buying the combo pack but I know the DVD will be played much more often than the Blu-ray. For you guys' sake, I'm hoping that this is just an error by Disney and there will be a couple more bonus features than the blooper reel - if just the commentary and maybe half of the deleted scenes.
True, all we got was the Pepe Profiles, but for things like the Muppet Movie, I don't know if Disney even has the deleted scenes.
But over here, it's not just that all they're releasing is the blooper reel, they're releasing an entire list of stuff, and the DVD. Nothing.
I sent an email to Disney through the support department, it probably won't help much but it's worth a try.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
You know what really got me annoyed, I was just saying to myself, OK, I'll buy the Combo Pack, So I'm on Disney.com checking the Bonus features on the combo pack and I expect to see the Bonus Features listed on the DVD from the combo pack, and i realize that EVERYTHING is on the Blu-Ray even if you buy the Combo Pack, that is so frustrating, I think I'm gonna explo- BOOM!! :crazy:

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
I don't have a Blu-Ray player and don't plan to buy one until my DVD player dies (even then I'd get a DVD/Blu-Ray combo player). It'll be the single disc DVD for me since I already have the soundtrack on CD. It's just too bad that there wasn't more extras on the DVD, I can live with it.

Aidk321

Reaction score
If they put it on iTunes soon, with the iTunes Extras which are basically behind the scenes and deleted scenes, im going to buy that and possibly skip the dvd/ blu ray version.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
what really made me mad was MTI when it was re relesed none of the awesome bonus featuers where there