Fan-Made Miss Piggy & Link Hogthrob Paper Dolls

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Greetings, fellow Muppet fans! First post here. I would like to share with you some paper dolls I'm working on of the two most stylish swine superstars: Piggy & Link. Here's the first few, Series 1, if you will.... I'm sort of vaguely chronologically working my way through their various TV and movie outfits, starting in Season 2 of the Muppet Show (since Link wasn't around for season 1).

Miss Piggy gets a lot of love as a fashion icon, but poor Link deserves a little more recognition, in my opinion. He is definitely the male counterpart to Miss Piggy when it comes to being gorgeous and fashionable, and their egos are equally inflated, haha!

I tried to stick reasonably close to screen-accurate, but often you never see below-the-waist on many of the costumes, so I did indulge in some artistic license. Please pardon any mistakes, I drew as close as I could to the best of my knowledge!

I'm having a ton of fun with this and hope to do many more, which I will post to this thread.
You can download larger files of each outfit set (and descriptions of where the outfits are from) at my Photobucket page. I also have REALLY BIG files that could be printed, message me if you're interested in those for any reason. :smile:

I totally don't understand how to post in html here yet, so forgive this ugly hyperlink:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v79/nasubionna/Paperdolls/

I would loooooove to hear from you if you enjoy these! :big_grin:

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Wow... you really captured Link, and Piggy's outfits perfectly. <3

The poor boy... he has such sex-appeal, but his recognition is nowhere as wide, as the sow's. :mad:

I can't wait to see more. Keep up with the spice. <3

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Wow... you really captured Link, and Piggy's outfits perfectly. <3

The poor boy... he has such sex-appeal, but his recognition is nowhere as wide, as the sow's. :mad:

I can't wait to see more. Keep up with the spice. <3
Thanks! I'm glad you like 'em. They are so fun to draw!
I have to wonder if Link would have stayed better known if only Jim hadn't died... he was still performing him up until his death (like in the Muppets at Disneyworld). I mean, the boar was never as recognized as the sow, but after 1990 he practically dropped off the map. :frown: I think part of it is also that generally society seems to want to look at glamorous females and female characters as fashion pin ups more so than male ones, which is a crying shame and injustice in my opinion, especially when those males have as much sex-appeal and good fashion sense as Link. :wink:
Anyway, thanks for the feedback!

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow you are really talented! One thing that looked off at first (this is not a critque really, just an observation) is Piggy's feet. I want to say whenever she is photographed her feet are hooves, like a real pig's, not human feet. Which is really strange since she has human (well 4 fingers at least) hands but not human feet. Hadn't ever thought of that before. :confused:

In other paper doll sets that I have seen they always have her shoes on permanently, like some purple pumps or something like that. I like yours better since sometimes the shoes make the outfit. Am I right, ladies?!

LinkLady77

Reaction score
Those are fabulous! I agree, Link's costumes are underrated...he has as much fashion sense as Miss Piggy!! I can't get enough of them...keep Linky's costumes coming (I know he has many)! I definitely appreciate your hard work, thanks for putting a smile on my face today :smile:

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Wow you are really talented! One thing that looked off at first (this is not a critque really, just an observation) is Piggy's feet. I want to say whenever she is photographed her feet are hooves, like a real pig's, not human feet. Which is really strange since she has human (well 4 fingers at least) hands but not human feet. Hadn't ever thought of that before. :confused:

In other paper doll sets that I have seen they always have her shoes on permanently, like some purple pumps or something like that. I like yours better since sometimes the shoes make the outfit. Am I right, ladies?!
Thanks for the feedback! What you say about Piggy's hoof-like feet is true... I considered it, but thought it would look too weird with her four-fingered hands, and also next to Link, who *does* have four toes. Hopefully it's not too distracting, since she hardly ever appears barefoot (while Link appears barefoot occasionally).
Anyway, I'm glad you're enjoying them (and yes, the shoes are vital!) :smile:

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Those are fabulous! I agree, Link's costumes are underrated...he has as much fashion sense as Miss Piggy!! I can't get enough of them...keep Linky's costumes coming (I know he has many)! I definitely appreciate your hard work, thanks for putting a smile on my face today :smile:
Thank you so much, LinkLady! Poor Link is a little bit underrepresented in Series 2, since he was mostly shoved into 1-costume cameo roles only for all the Muppet movies (until this latest one, which I can't wait to have on DVD so I can screencap the heck out of it for outfit references!) but he'll get many more outfits as I work my way through the show episodes. :big_grin:

LinkLady77

Reaction score
Wow...love 'em, love 'em, love 'em! After seeing Link's costumes, he definitely is the male fashionplate counterpart to Miss Piggy. I would love to see the WonderPig/Super Link costumes from the Lynda Carter episode. Your collection totally rocks!