The Muppets 2011 DVD details

minor muppetz

Reaction score
But if they made it like the "MUPPETS LETTERS TO SANTA" they have interviews,little commentary,bloopers and I thought THAT was good!
And there was no blu-ray release of that, so of course the DVD had many bonus features.

A few have remarked about the poor selection of features for the 2005 movie DVD releases, and those haven't even been on blu-ray yet (blu-ray as well as HD discs were just being invented and available at the time).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm still really mad that they couldn't even put a commentary! And what about the deldted scenes? That's all I need, everything else I would not have cared if they put on the Blu-Ray

Aidk321

Reaction score
What will the iTunes version have in terms of deleted scenes and the like?

Aidk321

Reaction score
so maybe we should buy that instead. its cheaper and will have those features

beaker

Reaction score
i have to disagreem greed would be releasing the DVD at the same exact price as the blu ray in every store....again im not saying that the dvd should have nothing but everyone is taking it as a personal attack as if Disney knows who has a blu ray player and who doesnt and wants to punish those that dont, which they arnt its just the ways dvds work these days...again Disney isnt the sole studio that does this and who knows maybe theres reasons behind why the blu rays have the special features...maybe its a space thing those disks hold more than regualr disks
Aint a space thing. Since 1998 Disney has packed a lot of features into their dvd releases. But as of Tron, they put nothing on the dvd release as a kind of middle finger

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Aint a space thing. Since 1998 Disney has packed a lot of features into their dvd releases. But as of Tron, they put nothing on the dvd release as a kind of middle finger
Back in 1998 there was no blu-ray. Laserdisc was dying, and DVD didn't have much media competition. Yeah, they'd continue making VHS for about 8 years, but those didn't have bonus features like DVDs did, and the only other competition (I recall reading about a few different kinds of disc media available at the time) went the way of HD discs.

beaker

Reaction score
Back in 1998 there was no blu-ray. Laserdisc was dying, and DVD didn't have much media competition. Yeah, they'd continue making VHS for about 8 years, but those didn't have bonus features like DVDs did, and the only other competition (I recall reading about a few different kinds of disc media available at the time) went the way of HD discs.
Right, but the question is why would it take any extra effort to do what theyve always done: put the features also on the dvd. Why release the dvd at all? I mean they stopped releasing 90's era clampshells vhs. If they care so little about the consumer who doesnt have a blu ray, then why not put the extras on the dvd(again, as they always have done)