Kids' shows nowadays

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
This is what Yo Gabba Gabba is emulating:

Not quite in the same subtext or content, but the style is supposed to mimic 1970's Japanese children's shows.

Pretty sure I didn't see that episode. And I've seen all of them.

If it has anything to do with Jay's relationship, it's all something that has to do with the ex-wife, who's constantly chasing men and causing a scene. She's in like 2 or 3 episodes, and NO ONe in the show likes her.
Gosh no...I mean to me part of the film works wonders, is visionary, magical...the whole opening(AMAZING) with walter telling the audience why he's a lifelong fan...the pictures in my head(AMAZING), Fozzie in Reno(BRILLIANT!), the kermit/piggy grownup discussion in Paris(Well written), finally seeing the Muppet show opening on the big screen(FAINTS) but then there was so much that I felt dropped the ball or just didnt work/felt out of place for me
Oh that's good! I was worried there for a minute!
That makes sense with their really odd names. Toodee? That sounds like a name Shrek would come up with!

Drtooth

Reaction score
That makes sense with their really odd names. Toodee? That sounds like a name Shrek would come up with!
Yeah... there's also some 1970's show with a Robot (I wanna say Robocon, but I have to double check) that looks like it too. Point is, it is stylistically different to those Sid and Marty shows like Puffenstuff. I really do like the Yo Gabba Gabba character designs, but never actually saw an episode. There's no way it could be the level of Barney or worse in my mind. Teletubbies and BooBah deepened my ick factor, so something that I think is bad has to be REALLY bad.

I hate myself for even bringing up Teletubbies and BooBah. And Teletubbies was only a hit because of the controversy. NO ONE liked BooBah. They're both, thankfully, just cultural sidenotes.

Still, I've liked what I saw of Wubzy. I really wish the Mr. Men show had a bigger impact. It was much better than the 90's one. The cartoons were okay, but the live action filler was hit or miss and had nothing to do with anything.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah... there's also some 1970's show with a Robot (I wanna say Robocon, but I have to double check) that looks like it too. Point is, it is stylistically different to those Sid and Marty shows like Puffenstuff. I really do like the Yo Gabba Gabba character designs, but never actually saw an episode. There's no way it could be the level of Barney or worse in my mind. Teletubbies and BooBah deepened my ick factor, so something that I think is bad has to be REALLY bad.

I hate myself for even bringing up Teletubbies and BooBah. And Teletubbies was only a hit because of the controversy. NO ONE liked BooBah. They're both, thankfully, just cultural sidenotes.

Still, I've liked what I saw of Wubzy. I really wish the Mr. Men show had a bigger impact. It was much better than the 90's one. The cartoons were okay, but the live action filler was hit or miss and had nothing to do with anything.
Boobah was nothing. They danced around doing nothing. Yo Gabba Gabba? It's worse than Barney, but I never hated Barney to begin with. If there's one kid show I don't love like I used to it's Cailou. He is such a brat, and his parents never discpline the kid!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Boobahs terrified me. I mean, there are very few things that scare me, and that show did. There was just something unnatural about everything and oh god the sound their eyes made :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Boobah was nothing. They danced around doing nothing. Yo Gabba Gabba? It's worse than Barney, but I never hated Barney to begin with. If there's one kid show I don't love like I used to it's Cailou. He is such a brat, and his parents never discpline the kid!
Considering who created Yo Gabba Gabba, I'd tend to give the show a chance. it does look like something mid 00's hipsters watched with their kids.

But Barney disgusts me on every level. The kids can't act and are forcibly stuck with frozen happy faces, most of the music is public domain songs with bad lyrics forced in, it has just an overall disgusting Stepford quality to it. Not to mention what it did to poor Sesame Street. Maybe I look too deep into it, but Barney seems like the suburban conservative answer to gritty, urban, almost subversive in contrast Sesame Street... everything's just phoney and safe, while Sesame Street used to be able to get real. I doubt Barney would have dealt with Mr. Hooper dying. It's a Sesame Street fan thing...

Teletubbies and BooBah were some strange British cultural thing. I like British TV shows, and normally I can pick up on cultural notes from watching other shows or by looking at other examples, but the only kid's preschool programming from Britain I really know about are all stop motion... Postman Pat, Fireman Sam, stuff like that. Someone's got to explain those others to me.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The "fart shoes" everyones made a (no pun intended) big stink was the least of that film's problems
I happen to not think that joke was funny at all, but Actually, I'm kind of glad that joke was in there. There are kids in my class who think fart jokes are funny. That really lame joke was one of the jokes that makes them laugh.
Disney knew what they were doing there, and altough it's not really Fozzie to wear fart shoes, I don't really care becuase they made that joke for the people in the audience that DO like fart jokes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Fozzie is desperate and will try anything?

Horrid "fart jokes" are common in kids movies for a cheap laugh. Maybe Fozzie thinks that since it "works" in those movies, maybe it will work for him.
That's actually a very good idea and if they had presented it that way, it would have worked. Too bad they were so busy trying to appeal to the masses that they missed such an opportunity.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What polygamy? I don't recall any extra marital affairs, mistresses or multiple wives.
I guess then it's another case of promos giving off the wrong impression, and advertising incorrectly when they make it seem like the premise is about a woman with multiple husbands/lovers. I mean there was even a story on the news recently about a woman with two live-in boyfriends (one of which has a son with her), and they even said it was, "Just like the hit TV series Modern Family".

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess then it's another case of promos giving off the wrong impression, and advertising incorrectly when they make it seem like the premise is about a woman with multiple husbands/lovers. I mean there was even a story on the news recently about a woman with two live-in boyfriends (one of which has a son with her), and they even said it was, "Just like the hit TV series Modern Family".
WHOA! That never EVER happened.

There are 3 families in the show...

One's a traditional family with a husband and wife that love each other very much, and their 3 kids.

The second is a homosexual couple and their adopted Asian child

The third is actually the father of the mother of the first family and one of the members of the second. His wife was a sleazeball that dumped him, and he remarried to a younger woman and got a step son out of it.

There is NO polygamy in the series at ALL. Trust me. I've watched every single episode there is.

I do know of a case of reverse polygamy in Raising Hope, where a relative of the main characters (who was only in the pilot and disappeared with no explanation until that episode) fell into a cult that allowed that sort of thing. of course, it was dealt with sarcasm and it came off as a joke there.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Considering who created Yo Gabba Gabba, I'd tend to give the show a chance. it does look like something mid 00's hipsters watched with their kids.

But Barney disgusts me on every level. The kids can't act and are forcibly stuck with frozen happy faces, most of the music is public domain songs with bad lyrics forced in, it has just an overall disgusting Stepford quality to it. Not to mention what it did to poor Sesame Street. Maybe I look too deep into it, but Barney seems like the suburban conservative answer to gritty, urban, almost subversive in contrast Sesame Street... everything's just phoney and safe, while Sesame Street used to be able to get real. I doubt Barney would have dealt with Mr. Hooper dying. It's a Sesame Street fan thing...

Teletubbies and BooBah were some strange British cultural thing. I like British TV shows, and normally I can pick up on cultural notes from watching other shows or by looking at other examples, but the only kid's preschool programming from Britain I really know about are all stop motion... Postman Pat, Fireman Sam, stuff like that. Someone's got to explain those others to me.
Has anyone ever died in Barney cast?