Kids' shows nowadays

Drtooth

Reaction score
The "fart shoes" everyones made a (no pun intended) big stink was the least of that film's problems
I find it utterly ridiculous people had a problem with that in the first place. No one's really farting, no one's eating each others poo (a Tim Hill classic/slightly sick obsession... I'm glad he didn't pull that crap with MFS), and it was a one off gag. In one version of the script, it was supposed to have a payoff as the thing that got Tex to laugh.

The Chipmunks have, unortunately, fallen prey to the "need" to change their personalities in order for them to "appeal" to today's audences, which is really a shame, because the people involved since the late 70s and early 80s are just as involved with these movies, they could have done so much better with these movies, but again, it's all fallen into modernization, and half of all remakes like that out there fall into that exact same category, otherwise, they fall into the category of, "Hey, these guys are so outdated now, let's throw them into a modern-day scenario and make fun of how out-of-touch they are!"which is what happened with like Brady Bunch and Rocky and Bullwinkle
Yeah, but then again, the beloved 80's cartoon did exactly that as well... they changed Simon into a nerd (a 1980's cartoon trope) and made Dave much more of an overly caring father, and gave the show a little more drama.

All the movies did with the personalities is ad fake "edge" to Simon, and exaggerate the edge that was already present in Alvin. All I can say about Dave is the character was unlikable, ONLY because Jason Lee...well... John Cleese in the Muppet Show, only for realz. Other than a couple ill attempts at humor in the first one, it's actually kinda enjoyable. The second one, while half of it was decent, the other half was poorly written, poorly paced (The Muppets felt like an Andy Warhol day long film compared to Chipmunks 2), and just full of forced poopy humors. And a Nascar mascot that needn't be there.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I didn't mean to start an argument here. I meant little kids' shows.I'm sorry!:embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know what you meant. Things tend to go really off topic.

But I agree there's just something off about preschool kid's shows. Thankfully it's beginning to turn around.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I definitely feel Modern Family in every way is a family show.
Yeah, let's all expose kids to reverse-gendered polygamy. *Thumbs up*

Yeah, but then again, the beloved 80's cartoon did exactly that as well... they changed Simon into a nerd (a 1980's cartoon trope) and made Dave much more of an overly caring father, and gave the show a little more drama.
It's not so much they changed them then, they were trying to develop their personalities more so they would be more well-rounded characters, and not so one-dimensional; that's an example of the difference between change and development.

I didn't mean to start an argument here. I meant little kids' shows.I'm sorry!:embarrassed:
We're not arguing, we're applying the subject matter to other aspects of television of today.

As for little kiddie shows nowadays,IMO, a lot of themseem a little too advanced for kids' minds... it was even on the NEWS recently that peole were concerned SST was going a bit too far in trying to teach kidsthings like engineering and such, but Carole-Lynn Parente said researched indicated that preschool kids were ready enough to learnengineering and such.

I haven't seen a whole lot ofmodern little kiddie shows, so I can't really give an objective opinion on them... I admit that WordWorld is a guilty pleasure (and the fact tht a few Muppet folks working on it doesn't hurt), and most everybody here has high praise for Wild Kratts.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score

It's not so much they changed them then, they were trying to develop their personalities more so they would be more well-rounded characters, and not so one-dimensional; that's an example of the difference between change and development.

We're not arguing, we're applying the subject matter to other aspects of television of today.

As for little kiddie shows nowadays,IMO, a lot of themseem a little too advanced for kids' minds... it was even on the NEWS recently that peole were concerned SST was going a bit too far in trying to teach kidsthings like engineering and such, but Carole-Lynn Parente said researched indicated that preschool kids were ready enough to learnengineering and such.

I haven't seen a whole lot ofmodern little kiddie shows, so I can't really give an objective opinion on them... I admit that WordWorld is a guilty pleasure (and the fact tht a few Muppet folks working on it doesn't hurt), and most everybody here has high praise for Wild Kratts.
I like Wild Kratts, but I prefered Zaboomofu since I grew up with it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like Wild Kratts, but I prefered Zaboomofu since I grew up with it.
Same here... and on that same notion, people older than I am prefer Kratts Kreatures since that's what they grew up with.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Same here... and on that same notion, people older than I am prefer Kratts Kreatures since that's what they grew up with.
I agree it's all in what you grow up with. Like parents from the 60's find Yo Gabba Gabba Nostalgic, but I find it to be a Sid and Marty Krofft wannabe.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree it's all in what you grow up with. Like parents from the 60's find Yo Gabba Gabba Nostalgic, but I find it to be a Sid and Marty Krofft wannabe.
This is what Yo Gabba Gabba is emulating:

Not quite in the same subtext or content, but the style is supposed to mimic 1970's Japanese children's shows.

Pretty sure I didn't see that episode. And I've seen all of them.

If it has anything to do with Jay's relationship, it's all something that has to do with the ex-wife, who's constantly chasing men and causing a scene. She's in like 2 or 3 episodes, and NO ONe in the show likes her.