Kids' shows nowadays

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Well, those were all back when the G rating was still respectable, it's really only been in recent times that the G rating has earned a sad reputation... again, Drtooth can go into that better, he's said it many times before, but in today's society where little kids are pressured to grow up much faster than they should, they would more likely respond to a movie with a PG rating because it's more "grown up" as opposed to a movie with a G rating because it's "for babies".
Like how the Muppets recieved a PG rating, but claimed it was merely for Fozzie's Fart Shoes being Rude Humor?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think in a sense, like Raymond, the Simpsons are just SLIGHTLY tamer than other adult cartoons
Which is funny because back when it first premiered, The Simpsons was blasted for being the worst role models for kids on TV. But suddenly nowadays, they're considered tame.

I wouldn't recommend any of these shows to little kids.
I wouldn't recommend kids repeat what they hear on these shows in public. But I wouldn't just say they couldn't watch them.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
That wasn't so much rude humor as it was non-humor. :wink:
I agree! My reaction to Fozzie's Fart Shoes? Oh please dear Jim no! Good thing the movie wasn't all that humor, or we would have another Chipmunks movie instead of that Most Sensational Inspirational Celebrational Muppetational Yet Very Clean Family Movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree! My reaction to Fozzie's Fart Shoes? Oh please dear Jim no! Good thing the movie wasn't all that humor, or we would have another Chipmunks movie instead of that Most Sensational Inspirational Celebrational Muppetational Yet Very Clean Family Movie.
Yeah the one good thing is that it was mercifully brief, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Chipmunks have, unortunately, fallen prey to the "need" to change their personalities in order for them to "appeal" to today's audences, which is really a shame, because the people involved since the late 70s and early 80s are just as involved with these movies, they could have done so much better with these movies, but again, it's all fallen into modernization, and half of all remakes like that out there fall into that exact same category, otherwise, they fall into the category of, "Hey, these guys are so outdated now, let's throw them into a modern-day scenario and make fun of how out-of-touch they are!"which is what happened with like Brady Bunch and Rocky and Bullwinkle (which were actually better remakes, but still, that concept is just as played as well).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Which is funny because back when it first premiered, The Simpsons was blasted for being the worst role models for kids on TV. But suddenly nowadays, they're considered tame.
Which is even more funny because my parents let me watch it when I was 3. My mom never really cared what I watched. Except Dexter's Lab. She claims I wanted to blow people up or something after watching it :/

beaker

Reaction score
Oh gosh, Everybody Loves Raymond didnt hold a candle to Seinfeld. Not even to its cousin King of Queens(Which I also love) Seinfeld was so ingenius in it's unique vibe, it's a show I never grow tired of with reruns

I definitely feel Modern Family in every way is a family show. Maybe if someone is stuck in leave it to beaver days, but compared to utter filth like Family Guy, its definitely very family friendly and often has good life lessons(without being of the forced preachy WB/PAX channel circa 1999 sort of way)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The "fart shoes" everyones made a (no pun intended) big stink was the least of that film's problems
Well it depends on your point of view. I didn't think the scenes that were deleted made a huge difference to the movie. But I did think the ::sigh:: "fart shoes" joke was a sad example of studio mandated humor and lazy writing, which has no place in a Muppets film.