The Chipmunks

Yorick

Reaction score
Monday evening they're playing "A Chipmunk Christmas" (I forget which channel, cbs, nbc, or abc) so if anyone wants to see it, let's look it up as the day draws nearer!

Also, I saw a DVD of the special which includes other Christmas Chipmunk stories.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only difference between the new one and the one I already have is that it has the Thanksgiving episode on it.

Still, I wish they'd just do a collection set. At least the full season of Go to the Movies. I've only seen like 4 or 5 of them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Cover art... and STILL no episode listing

Check out Brittney's anachronistic iPhone!
Y'know, I like the coloring that they used for the cover art, I find it very riminiscent of the 80s/90s cartoon, which seemed to use a lot of those soft pastelly/somewhat neon colors and such... though I see they changed the color of their eyes to match the CGI versions, which gets me to wondering... are there any little kids out there who see these things, and are confused by why the characters keep looking different? I mean when I was in kindergarten, they used a combination of both the original and the then-modern versions of the Letter People, and I used to wonder how could Mr. H be both purple and yellow?

On an artistic note... I was almost right, :laugh:: they used that new outfit of Brittany's on the original Chipettes DVD two years ago, and trying to draw it, I imagined she would've worn a short skirt... but not black tights, since she says in one episode that she hates wearing black (and green in another episode).

And although there is no official episode listing for this release, based on the previous news I've read, I'm assuming this collection is a re-release of The Chipettes and Cinderella DVD together, with maybe an addition episode or two that hasn't been released before. I MIGHT get it, I don't know... not sure... I was disappointed with the old Chipettes DVD, because I figured it would be more like the ALVINNN!!! Edition, so... eh, we'll see. Still want season sets of the 80s cartoon and a complete set of The Alvin Show though.

Yorick

Reaction score
"The Alvin Show" must be easy to release, right? The 80's show we know has music issues, but I would think the 60's show has all public domain songs - and Dave Seville songs :smile:

Hope everyone who wanted to see "A Chipmunk Christmas" on ABC had the chance!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hope everyone who wanted to see "A Chipmunk Christmas" on ABC had the chance!
If I didn't have it on DVD already, I would have been REALLY ticked off. They edited out the BEST part of the special. Alvin's feverish nightmare about Clyde Crashcup. Booooo!

Yorick

Reaction score
Instead of leaving it alone, they removed Clyde...so they could play more commercials :grr:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well gang, guess what?

Guess.

Nah, go ahead, guess...

That's right, you guessed it!

There's going to be a fourth movie. This time, they're going into outer space. Please make it stop... please... make it stop... :cry:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That sounds highly DTV quality. It's just cheapquels at this point.

Seriously, these idiotic concepts would work fine in the cartoon series (they did some of that stuff before), but they just want money at this point.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That sounds highly DTV quality.
Everytime you say "DTV", it confuses me, because when I was growing up, "DTV" was Disney's answer to MTV (retrospective clipshows set to pop songs, making them seem like music videos).