Archaia to Reprint Marvel Fraggle Comics

Drtooth

Reaction score
I betchya it has something to do with Diamond distributors or something.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just called Oxford Comics, and the owner said that there was a problem with a misprint, and they were now looking at a ship date of 1/18/2012.
And guess what I didn't find today the 18th.

On the plus side, I found a Resaurus Speed Racer Inspector Detector figure for 2 bucks while I was there. Now the Pops I got last summer won't be lonely.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I managed to find it Saturday. Lucky I had that gift certificate with me... but out of the three comic stores I tried, only one had it, and it was the last copy, and it was ironically the first one I tried.

My only complaint is the faux dust jacket cover makes it a little awkward to hold the book when reading.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed that about the dust jacket too.

The coloring is an improvement on the original cheapo printing, but... well, it's cute, and it makes me glad for the more recent ones from Archaia. I have to wonder about some of the coloring errors. Mokey has dark purple fur? Pa Gorg has a white mustache?

Oh, and the picture of Wembley sticking out his tongue and looking perplexed is too dern cute. I flipped through almost the whole book before I found that it came from the beginning of the comic version of "Believe it or Not," when Wembley is saying "Taste it?" while conversing with Red.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The coloring is an improvement on the original cheapo printing, but... well, it's cute, and it makes me glad for the more recent ones from Archaia. I have to wonder about some of the coloring errors. Mokey has dark purple fur? Pa Gorg has a white mustache?
I have yet to read through the whole thing... I only read the #1 story... the coloring is alright, I guess. Some cases it's a little muted and muddy, and it makes me wonder if they were just taking the existing colors from the original source. That's probably the source of errors if it was.

Of course, it's hard to have a fair comparison of 1980's printing techniques vs the digital paint artwork from the Archaia's more current line. Things were MUCH harder when you had impossible to correct inks and paints, and the limited color pallet. And these things look even worse for wear if you have the original issues with reds bleeding through the pages and dusty, waxy pages fading. Some comics I have are almost impossible to read because of that.

Once I get through the volume, I'll post a review on the mindset... it's four stories, thankfully... I've had the Sonic Legacy volume 1 for over a month now, and I still haven't finished it all. It's like a phonebook of the 20 first issues (including the limited series). No color, though... but pretty nice and affordable for what it is.

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
Hope nobody minds I'm in the process of resurrecting some older posts, being new here, I would like to reply to some of these older forums. (As time permits)

I've got all the original FR comics from the 80s and enjoy them. Is this worth going out and buying this reprint, just printed in better quality?

lazesummestone

Reaction score
A big thanks to the people who picked up the fraggle rock Classic Reprint! I think it's a nice little collection, and I'm hoping that even though the panels are more dense then usual these days, that the kids will still like reading the stories!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I hope that they have a second volume, as they only reprinted four of the (I think) eight comics.

And more of their other Fraggle Rock comics would not be unwelcome, either!

Drtooth

Reaction score
A big thanks to the people who picked up the fraggle rock Classic Reprint! I think it's a nice little collection, and I'm hoping that even though the panels are more dense then usual these days, that the kids will still like reading the stories!
Tell you the truth? The best part of these Marvel reprints are your amazing covers. :big_grin: