Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So was the flood street scene everything we wanted and more?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
See? Isn't it so much better when Elmo emotes? Why doesn't he get this angry or frustrated more often? And great bits by Cookie and Grover. Only complaint is that Abby's only there for the sake of Abby being there. It would have worked just as well with Zoe, but at least it shows he can get angry and annoyed at other characters.

Robin Williams is always a delight... why did it take him so long to get back on Sesame Street? He hasn't been since the 90's. And back with the Two Headed Monster as well.

That Ernie bit shows it isn't too hard to put Ernie and Bert old footage in the show.

What was with that unenthusiastic, rhythm lacking thing about rhymes? Something about it seemed amateurish.

But LOVED that number 13 segment. They did nothing but good with that Aniboom contest. I'm sure a lot of these guys went on to make more skits. Seems like something from one of the contestants.

And loved the Supreme Court Justice sketch. Can't wait for some political hacks to pick that apart and turn it into something sinister.
It figures it was the only time Two-Headed wasn't havign a conflict!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The latest street story was pretty good. The Robin Williams bit was funny. I'm happey that they showed a bit with Ernie from Season 30. I thought those would never be seen again.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I FINALLY saw "The Flood" episode and it was totally worth the wait. As it felt like an extended :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: segment all the way. I also enjoyed :grouchy: moments in the show how he tries to 'help' out.

A true classic Sesame Street episode all the way to the end. I'm glad I finally got to see it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We really are seeing a lot of Susan this season... at least compared to recent seasons.

Another great classic ish (very 1980's) street story. And HEY! They had more Muppet characters in the background with a LOT of human extras as well. That's the way to do it. Would've been nice if there were a couple more Muppets in the back, but we got Prairie in a non-speaking cameo. Was that song the three kittens singing a parody of something? But great to see another great Gordon based episode. Shame they didn't actually do a parody of Harry Potter beyond the book, though... but great episode anyway.

OK Go's number was remarkable. Very classic, very fan driven I feel... No question... they need to come back to the show and do another number with the Muppet characters. They were working so well with the Muppet Show gang in that music video, I wanna see them do the same with the Sesame Street characters.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
We really are seeing a lot of Susan this season... at least compared to recent seasons.

Another great classic ish (very 1980's) street story. And HEY! They had more Muppet characters in the background with a LOT of human extras as well. That's the way to do it. Would've been nice if there were a couple more Muppets in the back, but we got Prairie in a non-speaking cameo. Was that song the three kittens singing a parody of something? But great to see another great Gordon based episode. Shame they didn't actually do a parody of Harry Potter beyond the book, though... but great episode anyway.
Wait, wait, wait. They actually USED Prairie in something new?!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wait, wait, wait. They actually USED Prairie in something new?!

You probably blinked... she was basically sitting on the little brick ledge to the left of the front stoop of 123 Sesame Streek, sitting reading the book.

But HEY! That's the way to do it. At least put older characters in the background.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I've been in school; I didn't even watch it yet (nor I did I remember to set the DVR for it).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, just remember NOT to blink. It's that short. Like right as the show opens, a couple seconds in... you'll see her, a generic AM kid, and Abby (the first time she doesn't talk in an episode, oddly enough).

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Today's episode was pretty good. Finally, Prairie is back for the first time since 2008!