Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

beaker

Reaction score
If they do that... yes. Though, it IS disappointing that Europe gets these big retailer promotions and all we got are a couple UL PSA's... I hope by the end of the year we get at least a quarter of what Cars has... I think that's the ideal amount, right there. I don't expect huge great things, but at LEAST give us party supplies, metal popcorn buckets, fruit snacks and stuff like that. And I hope next year to see more general release Christmas items like cheaper plastic ornaments and stockings and stuff like that. That's where I think they bungled it the most.

Still, the hint of what's coming in March does give me hope.
Im still puzzled what people mean by a "lot of cool US merchandise". Plushes aside, uh I don't consider bandaids, snuggies, rubber bands, nor crappy screenprint recycleable bags noteworthy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Im still puzzled what people mean by a "lot of cool US merchandise". Plushes aside, uh I don't consider bandaids, snuggies, rubber bands, nor crappy screenprint recycleable bags noteworthy.
I don't mind the mundane stuff. At least it's a tiny effort. Anything else would be a rant on the toy industry I already stated like 1000 times on this thread. Cute and wacky Muppets= terrible sell... Pug fugly big red nosed characters from an unremarkable CGI kiddy film= hot sell. And even the mundane Muppet stuff manages to move. Retailers, marketers, manufacturers and Disney underestimated how well Muppet stuff would sell. Even the Bandaids and (if you can find them) Valentines are selling sharply. Now's the time for Disney to run with it, while people are asking "Where did you get that Kermit doll?" and "Will you get any more in?"

Still, I'm just annoyed they made a bigger effort overseas. Milk carton stickers don't sound terribly exciting, sure... but that German grocery chain and the Muppet puppets, and Tesco small plushes... other than The Disney store and Walgreens, there wasn't any plush anywhere. I can understand small figures being a hard sell, and a toy line not making it past Kermit, Piggy, and Animal... but there was NO reason there couldn't have been small plushes available for general release sale. THAT'S why I'm disappointed.

beaker

Reaction score
I don't mind the mundane stuff. At least it's a tiny effort. Anything else would be a rant on the toy industry I already stated like 1000 times on this thread. Cute and wacky Muppets= terrible sell... Pug fugly big red nosed characters from an unremarkable CGI kiddy film= hot sell. And even the mundane Muppet stuff manages to move. Retailers, marketers, manufacturers and Disney underestimated how well Muppet stuff would sell. Even the Bandaids and (if you can find them) Valentines are selling sharply. Now's the time for Disney to run with it, while people are asking "Where did you get that Kermit doll?" and "Will you get any more in?"

Still, I'm just annoyed they made a bigger effort overseas. Milk carton stickers don't sound terribly exciting, sure... but that German grocery chain and the Muppet puppets, and Tesco small plushes... other than The Disney store and Walgreens, there wasn't any plush anywhere. I can understand small figures being a hard sell, and a toy line not making it past Kermit, Piggy, and Animal... but there was NO reason there couldn't have been small plushes available for general release sale. THAT'S why I'm disappointed.
I actually never saw Arthur Christmas merchandise, maybe it was an east coast release? At this point im kind of 'meh' on everything. If Disney wants to make awesome Muppet merch finally, cool. If not, whatever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually never saw Arthur Christmas merchandise, maybe it was an east coast release? At this point im kind of 'meh' on everything. If Disney wants to make awesome Muppet merch finally, cool. If not, whatever.
TRU exclusives... and they didn't sell at all.... Even when they hit an early clearance, there was still a huge display of them. The character designs are beyond ugly, I think that helped these things not to sell.