"Being Elmo" now in select theaters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I saw it again and the drug reference is made by Rosie O'Donnell.
She said that she felt like a crack dealer when high powered Hollywood big shots were asking her personally for some Tickle Me Elmos.

That's it.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I saw it again and the drug reference is made by Rosie O'Donnell.
She said that she felt like a crack dealer when high powered Hollywood big shots were asking her personally for some Tickle Me Elmos.

That's it.
Oh! That's where it is! I saw Being Elmo and then after that people on the forums were talking about there being a drug reference, which really confused me. But yeah, I guess that does happen. It's so minuscule though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And people wonder why no one likes her anymore. :laugh:

Still... RRRR! I wish that film was in local theaters longer than 2 weeks. I probably could have seen it.

mo

Reaction score
I am going to watch this...probably on dvd

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I actually saw this movie last month at a screening hosted by one of the producers (I went to high school with one of her sons) at the local theater (I've been meaning to write a review for The Muppet Mindset but keep forgetting, maybe closer to the DVD release) and I've got to tell you: everyone should see this movie. I know there are naysayers who say "Why would I want to see such an Elmo-filled movie?" This is not a movie about the Elmo phenomenon at all, even if it is touched upon, this is completely Kevin Clash's movie. Elmo's popularity plays a part but it's not the main component of Kevin's story as a whole. Granted a lot from Kevin's career gets skipped over (Baby Sinclair is not mentioned at all, Clifford is only seen once) but that's because this is a documentary about a life, not a review of Kevin's resume. It could have been very easy for Constance Marks to let Kevin make this a rather self-congratulatory piece, but that is thankfully avoided. Not to give too much away, but the ending was overwhelmingly emotional for me, especially as a puppeteer (everybody who's seen it knows exactly what I'm talking about) and it didn't help that one of the people involved in that ending were actually at the screening. So needless to say, Being Elmo is a movie every puppeteer, Henson fan or just anybody who ever watched Sesame Street as a kid needs to see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know there are naysayers who say "Why would I want to see such an Elmo-filled movie?" This is not a movie about the Elmo phenomenon at all, even if it is touched upon, this is completely Kevin Clash's movie.

No one can call themselves a Muppet fan if they aren't completely hungry to see a Behind the Scenes documentary. Only thing that stopped me from seeing it was that it was too close to the release of the other Muppet movie, and I didn't have the money to see both.

mo

Reaction score
i really got to see this the first time i saw the trailer i almost cried.
kevin clash is one of my few even my only living people who i look up to.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
And people wonder why no one likes her anymore. :laugh:

Still... RRRR! I wish that film was in local theaters longer than 2 weeks. I probably could have seen it.
It was here for two days only. (I missed both showings) :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.