Kermit Says That A Muppet Sequel Is Official

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Who knows. But Kermit never specified that there would be a sequel. I'd say another movie is very likely, but not a sequel, but a movie unrelated to this one. Jason Segel did say in an interview that thier was a possibility to do another movie but not a sequel. It's like The Muppet Movie is much different from The Muppets Take Manhattan and that's much different from The Great Muppet Caper.

Nick22

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be another Muppet movie in the future. And I'll be just excited for that one as I was for this one :smile:

tutter_fan

Reaction score
If there's another headline about this, and if it becomes confirmed from a reliable source, then I'm sure that our Newsman will be on it as quick as possible!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I hope it's not a sequel. All the Muppet movies in the past are their own thing. I hope they make a new movie, but just not a sequel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope it's not a sequel. All the Muppet movies in the past are their own thing. I hope they make a new movie, but just not a sequel.

I'm guessing that's what they mean as well. It's too early to say what the next film would be... I'm sure that it may just do slightly better than the current movie (MTI did slightly better than MCC in the box office, though I'm sure once Christmas rolls around, MCC is the home video people bought more of). I'm pretty sure everyone involved knows that no Muppet movie is a direct sequel to any other Muppet movie (though the new one takes all of the first 3 movies into canon, but refers to them as movies as well). All I could see out of a direct sequel is a revenge plot (either by Tex coming back to his senses or the Moopets)... and I don't like revenge plot movies (it was brilliant to kill off every Batman villain in the original Batman movie series for that reason). That's half the reason why the second TMNT film falls flat for me... well, that and the completely unnecessary Vanilla Ice number that takes you out of the film.... and the lack of Casey Jones.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Really hope this is true! I want a new plot movie, not a sequel, but hey, I'm happy either way!:smile: