The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I'm angry, bitter, alone, depressed, completely confounded by life and all... but I chose to just ignore V-Day. It happens, other people are happy... I could care less. If nothing else, it means winter's almost over. Soon, we get to see the great green bounty of spring, and a sun that doesn't set at 4 in the afternoon. And Easter Bunnies. It doesn't matter what religion you are, we ALL can appreciate bunnies in store windows, right?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well its not like I'm stewing because I'm single. I'm stewing because I have a stupid quiz tomorrow. Other than that its just another day in this crazy book of life.

Besides. My parents usually buy me chocolate :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well its not like I'm stewing because I'm single. I'm stewing because I have a stupid quiz tomorrow. Other than that its just another day in this crazy book of life.
I stew so much, I got carrots in my ears.

blackaerin

Reaction score
I stew so much, I got carrots in my ears.
And there you go and make me hungry, Tooth. Mmm stew...

Meh, I have enough problems juggling through life to even worry about a guy.

Is it a compliment if random dudes start talking to you or a sign of desperation? I don't know what on earth makes me approachable or makes it okay for them to ask for my number when I've only just met them, it freaks me out and then I get nervous and try to politely end the conversation while I'm in my head wondering why this guy's even talking to me.

I'd probably celebrate Single Awareness Day by trying to finish my oil painting, hanging out with my bff, drawing fanart, playing a good round of Payload on Tf2, and eating the traditional Korean meal for being single: black chinese noodles. Aww yeah.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Is it a compliment if random dudes start talking to you or a sign of desperation? I don't know what on earth makes me approachable or makes it okay for them to ask for my number when I've only just met them, it freaks me out and then I get nervous and try to politely end the conversation while I'm in my head wondering why this guy's even talking to me.
Since no guy has ever randomly come up to me asking for my number, I'd probably mace them and then run away screaming they were perverts or something :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Since no guy has ever randomly come up to me asking for my number, I'd probably mace them and then run away screaming they were perverts or something :stick_out_tongue:

Perverts ruined romance. Scratch that... Perverts ruin EVERYTHING...

It's impossible to meet anyone without scaring them off now. We have to play it incredibly safe because of a few bad apples, and it completely intrudes on our ability to function socially. That's ALL I'm going to say.

I'd probably celebrate Single Awareness Day by trying to finish my oil painting, hanging out with my bff, drawing fanart, playing a good round of Payload on Tf2, and eating the traditional Korean meal for being single: black chinese noodles. Aww yeah.
The best way to deal with it is just to completely ignore it. Passive aggressively changing the holiday's name and/or celebrating it ironically or contrarily just fills up some sort of resentment. I feel it's easier to completely forget what day it is, and just to ignore it. I almost forgot it was Valentines Day most of the weekend until I checked the date to throw food out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Having seen an old episode from Adventures in Wonderland that was about valentines recently, I was really touched by the ending. The Queen is shocked when Alice gives her a valentine even though she hadn't ordered her to. She says, "You mean this Valentine is sincere?" Wow, I mean, that struck a nerve with me. Of all the holidays that have completely lost their meaning, St. Valentine's Day is the prime example. On the other hand, during a recession it's not all that responsible going crazy buying cards, flowers and food. If you're going to demonstrate your affection for someone, keep it simple. :wink:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
How true that is.

I have actually always hated that about Valentines Day. I've always found valentines kinda insulting. I have never received what I would consider a sincere valentine. Yeah. Great. Thank you for the wonderful 2x3 bit of cardboard with spiderman on it that you gave to everyone. You must really care :smirk: