The Weekly Poll #10

Which second-generation Muppet Performer do you most admire?

• Pam Arciero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Clash

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Brian Henson

• Noel MacNeal

• Karen Prell

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Marty Robinson

• David Rudman

• Steve Whitmire

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And again, this applies to those who are still involved with the Muppets today, either regularly or semi-regularly (and yes, I say Henson Alternative is part of the Muppets).

In all honesty, Steve has my up-most admiration and respect, because that was such a daunting take for him to take over Kermit after Jim's untimely death.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I picked Karen Prell, I really loved her story about how she was unsure if she could play the loud and confident Red but really ended up making the character her own. Very inspirational. :excited:

Princeton

Reaction score
Roll your eyes if you must,but I picked Kevin Clash. He absolutely is the most versatile of the options in the poll. From Craniac to Clifford to Polly Lobster to Hoots the Owl, he's much more than a furry red monster.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
It's a toss-up between Steve and Kevin. I greatly admire both of them.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
In all honesty, Steve has my up-most admiration and respect, because that was such a daunting take for him to take over Kermit after Jim's untimely death.
This basically. It has to be challenging to take over a character that everyone knows and loves and expects certain things from.

jackdelayne

Reaction score
I chose Kevin... after seeing the film 'Being Elmo', I just feel he is an awesome guy and I really admire him for having a dream as a little boy and pursuing it to it's completion. Also, the way he helps others to achieve their dreams. He's a real quality guy!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I chose Kevin... after seeing the film 'Being Elmo', I just feel he is an awesome guy and I really admire him for having a dream as a little boy and pursuing it to it's completion. Also, the way he helps others to achieve their dreams. He's a real quality guy!
I did finally get to see the Being Elmo documentary. (Thanks Netflix...and Tough Pigs for mentioning that it was on Netflix, lol).

Now I am a critic of Elmo's World and I still stand by that. But I did greatly enjoy this documentary. Kevin's story is truly an inspiration for any kid with a dream and any young adult dealing with the highs and lows of the business. It goes to show you can't let the occasional set back get you down. :smile:

And I will say, I loved it when Elmo was narrating the home movie for Kevin's baby, that was adorable. :laugh:

And of course I'm very happy Richard Hunt got so much attention. To be honest I'm always afraid some less than savvy interviewer will make some snide comment about Richard giving the future star Elmo away, but thankfully Richard is treated with a lot of respect here. :wink:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Steve Whitimire is Wembley Fraggle, Rizzo, Bean, and the voice of kermit after Jim's death.
Kevin is Baby and Elmo. I like all of these characters but Steve is better by a hair.