Videos: Deleted Scene and Bloopers from "The Muppets" Blu-ray

Drtooth

Reaction score
in regaurds to the muppets, Its not the price. I will gladly pay the 25 dollars. Its the fact I dont like feeling like I am being pushed into buying something becuase of that carrot dangling in front of me.
That is my only complaint. I honestly don't care if they were throwing blu-ray players at a parade for free like candy, it's just very weaselly to put special features just on the premium edition. Marketting is the only reason, and clearly some back alley antics with Sony.

But my question is, if Disney wanted to put as little care as possible into the standard release DVD, why then even release a standard edition? There's clearly an upsell with the special features trying to get you to buy a soon to be a 70 dollar door stop (the digital download is a scant few years away... that's why FYE's are closing down in droves). Why not just sell a double disk blu/standard combo pack? I was at Target the other day and saw some Lego Star Wars movie that comes ONLY in a combo edition... but even then, according to the package, the special features are on BOTH DVD's. Disney COULD have and SHOULD have done that, leaving special interactive features that work for Blu-ray as the incentives.

Even if I had a player, I'd feel that Disney is looking for the premium home theater set rather than the budget conscious fan. I will buy the combo pack, sure... but I'm more likely to get the crappy standard version as a gift. THAT'S what I'm ticked about.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
But my question is, if Disney wanted to put as little care as possible into the standard trying to get you to buy a soon to be a 70 dollar door stop (the digital download is a scant few years away... ).
So is a DVD player. Personally, I don't trust digital downloads for my favorite movies. I want them available in a hard copy version. But it is very true that Disney and Sony have some sweetheart deals. Disney was one of the first studios to back Blu-ray against the inferior HDDVD in the format wars. I'm just sick of the whining! I've been a fan for years and this is a FANTASTIC TIME for the Muppets! I'm all for spirited debates and fan nit-picking. That's what forums are for, but most of these posts are disproportionately negative. I'm on the edge of taking another sabbatical from the forums. There's enough positive Muppety goodness elsewhere.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah I see what ya did their Disney.

Well I refuse to buy a blu ray player just to get a movie. I rather save my cash to get Being Elmo when its officially out, a much more entertaining Muppet film I feel.

Disney is just trying to confuse families and fans with their stupid "multiple releases".
Im not even willing to download it and waste the 10 cent dvdr at this point, as I wasnt even too big of a fan of the movie. Ill just wait til someone puts up the deleted and bonus features on youtube

beaker

Reaction score
Slightly more people have Blu-Ray. I don't know anyone who actually has one.

Like I said before, the future isn't a premium version of what we have, the future is digital downloads. I still find Blu-Ray an unnecessary step in the matter. It's shinier and flashier, but it's basically the same as a DVD, it just holds more data. It's not like the huge jump from VHS to DVD.

By the time most people have a Blu-Ray player, it will be over. Everything will be online only. If it was 10 years away, I could see the matter, but digital downloads being the norm is on our doorstep, at least down the street and walking at a brisk pace.

But I agree. Where's the 2 Disk REGULAR DVD? I bought the Beauty and the Beast DVD from last year as a gift from someone, and it had all the features you'd come to expect from Disney on the second disk. It's such a shame that this is the norm for every entertainment company... but the difference between those companies and Disney is that in less than a year the bare bones DVD releases go from the 20 dollar SRP to as low as 10 bucks in a few months. Sometimes less. Disney's usually don't.
LOL@ "Digital Download". Whoopee! And yeah, Beauty and the Beast: PERFECT EXAMPLE of how Disney is deciding to aggressively push out dvd fans this year, when they are capable of releasing solid dvd releases.

Besides best muppet film of the year is Being Elmo, an amazing and touching movie that I cant wait to purchase.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yeah I see what ya did their Disney.

Well I refuse to buy a blu ray player just to get a movie. I rather save my cash to get Being Elmo when its officially out, a much more entertaining Muppet film I feel.

Disney is just trying to confuse families and fans with their stupid "multiple releases".
Im not even willing to download it and waste the 10 cent dvdr at this point, as I wasnt even too big of a fan of the movie. Ill just wait til someone puts up the deleted and bonus features on youtube
Look, we get it, you're not happy that the features are on Blu-ray, you hate Blu-ray in general, and you didn't like the movie. But please, please stop posting things like this and taking away from other fans enjoyment of the movie and excitement for the bonus features. What you're doing isn't helping anyone but yourself. I'm not saying that your opinions are in any way invalid--I understand and sympathize--but you are preaching to the wrong choir and you're keeping people from being excited about new Muppet content... which is wrong.