Videos: Deleted Scene and Bloopers from "The Muppets" Blu-ray

Alvin

Reaction score
Cool...I was the February 8th. Had a blast...makes me feel like little kid! :stick_out_tongue:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Cool...I was the February 8th. Had a blast...makes me feel like little kid! :stick_out_tongue:
Just two days after me! Too bad if I would have been there for two extra days we could've met up there

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The bonus features look so good! I really want to see them.
All those deleted scenes, unreleased spoofs, commentary, 15 minute featurette,! I better go out and buy it. Oh... wait. I only have a DVD player, that means I can spend $23 bucks for a movie and a blooper reel!!!! As opposed to Disney just giving me my deleted scenes on a DVD!!! :mad::attitude::grouchy::grr:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I understand the belt-tightening as much as anybody, but I'm a movie-lover and an enormous Muppet fan so this expense is factored-into that.

Just got my Blu-ray player and I'm watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Looks great!

The thing is, flatscreen HD TVs are very cheap these days and more energy efficient than older TVs. You'll save a fortune on your electric bill in the long run. And you can get a great Blu-ray player for about the same price as a DVD player.

I live in a very expensive city and easily found wi-fi-ready Blu-ray players starting at $60! Let's face it, DVD players are designed to break down after a couple years so it makes sense to replace it with the Blu-ray when that happens. I just hope my new Blu-ray player lasts a while. I'm broke.

I agree that eventually media will all go to digital downloads, but they won't be any more hi-res than Blu-ray. In some cases the resolution will be considerably less than Blu-ray disc, so it does make sense to buy a hard copy of your favorite films, like "The Muppets", in high definition for posterity.

The extras Blu-rays provide go beyond DVD capabilities. I was never really pleased with regular DVD because it is actually inferior to LaserDisc in many ways. It became popular due to the digital formatting and the capability to compress an entire film onto one side of a small disc. LDs have this beautiful analog fluidity that DVD doesn't provide, but Blu-ray does. I'm happy to have purchased the player.

Anyway, now is the time to seek out the best deals on Blu-ray players. You can get them on the cheap and it's more proactive than cursing Disney or technology.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
We already had this debate. Even if TVs are so "cheap" not everyone can just go out and drop 200 dollars. not everyone can just go out and drop 60 bucks. Seriously, that is a flawed argument and do I need to point to my huge rant about it?

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I completely agree with both Sgt Floyd and frogboy4.
A lot of people can't afford HD TVs and Blu-Ray players, but this is the Muppets! And cursing Disney isn't going to help at all.

Anyway, all of the bonuses will be on YouTube before long. I know that's not as nice as watching them on your TV, but it's better than not being able to watch them at all.

I'm lucky and have a Blu-Ray player, which we got a few months ago, so I can buy the Blu-Ray.

Sorry, but I am hoping that all this complaining will stop soon.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I completely agree with both Sgt Floyd and frogboy4.
A lot of people can't afford HD TVs and Blu-Ray players, but this is the Muppets! And cursing Disney isn't going to help at all.

Anyway, all of the bonuses will be on YouTube before long. I know that's not as nice as watching them on your TV, but it's better than not being able to watch them at all.
Umm.. I don't really remeber cursing Disney, I'm just still mad from when they announced this two months ago!
YouTube is getting really strict these days. I remeber Oscarfan saying that his Man or Muppet video had to be taken off, due to copyright issues. If that was taken off, then for sure the bonus features will!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And cursing Disney isn't going to help at all.
That I agree with. While I admit to venting frustration, I do realize its not entirely disney's fault. Its the media in general and no amount of complaining is gonna do anything. You either need to accept the fact DVD owners are screwed, or buy a blu ray player. Or wait until everything is digital (I hope it doesnt come to that).

I just dont understand why we are still arguing over financial situations and how cheap the stuff is. This is the same issue I have with PC gamers that assume everyone has the money to buy a computer costing 500 bucks at the drop of the hat and assume everyone can. JUST BECAUSE YOU FIND IT CHEAP DOES NOT MEAN EVERYONE ELSE IS IN THAT SITUATION.

Now can we just let this whole cost argument drop?

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Umm.. I don't really remeber cursing Disney, I'm just still mad from when they announced this two months ago!
I'm not saying you did curse Disney at all. In fact I agree with almost everything you have said.

I too am a bit mad that there isn't a 2 disc DVD release.

YouTube is getting really strict these days. I remeber Oscarfan saying that his Man or Muppet video had to be taken off, due to copyright issues. If that was taken off, then for sure the bonus features will!
I hope they do go on YouTube and aren't remove, but you might be right :frown:

I think frogboy4 and Sgt Floyd were saying two separte things
Yes they were, but I agree with both points.