Videos: Deleted Scene and Bloopers from "The Muppets" Blu-ray

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
This isn't 4 versions of the same movie. This is 4 packagings of the film. What's wrong with allowing people to purchase the deal that's best for them? Some fans already have the soundtrack and others might just want the movie etc. Disney is just trying to accommodate everybody. Why the complaints?

Package 1= DVD = $19.99
Package 2 = DVD + Digital Soundtrack Download = $23.99
Package 3 = DVD + Blu-Ray = $24.99
Package 4 = DVD + Blu-Ray + Digital Soundtrack Download = $29.99

I got package number 3 because I downloaded the soundtrack when the film came out, but I got this from the Disney Store in order to get the extra little prints that came with it there. Walmart with have finger puppets instead. It's all marketing and it serves to facilitate sales. The only complaint i can understand is the omission of the deleted scenes on the DVD. I'm sure it could have fit, but Disney's obviously trying to get people to buy Blu-rays.
what got me annoyed is that the bonus is only on the Blu-Ray disc and there's none on the DVD that comes with it. I was going to buy that one until I saw that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
what got me annoyed is that the bonus is only on the Blu-Ray disc and there's none on the DVD that comes with it. I was going to buy that one until I saw that.
I've been saying that since the DVD specs came out.

Now, format of the movie you want to watch should be the only choice. Blu-Ray is much higher in clarity, sure, but again, a high def TV is the only way you'd know the difference. And while it does work on a regular TV, it's like driving a Monster Truck in a cul de sac. The fact that Disney's pulling crap by withholding special features for the premium edition that not every Muppet fan can enjoy is nothing more than a cheap, pathetic, below the belt business decision. I'm going to have to get the Blu-ray 2 pack just to have the features, and make friends with someone who has a Blu-Ray just to see them. Like I said before, if they ONLY put the deleted scenes on the regular disk, I wouldn't say a word. So much of this movie was cut to fit the 100 minutes that they could probably make another movie with them, and I don't think a single Muppet fan here wouldn't want to see more of the movie. Even though certain scenes will not be re-edited into the film MCC style, some of us want that feeling of where those segments could have gone in, giving a better flow to a movie with just that one minor problem to it.

However, I'd rather buy the actual CD soundtrack separate. Only if something happens to my computer, I still have the CD copy. I'm sure there's a way to back it up, but I'd rather get the CD by itself.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
This isn't 4 versions of the same movie. This is 4 packagings of the film. What's wrong with allowing people to purchase the deal that's best for them? Some fans already have the soundtrack and others might just want the movie etc. Disney is just trying to accommodate everybody. Why the complaints?

Package 1= DVD = $19.99
Package 2 = DVD + Digital Soundtrack Download = $23.99
Package 3 = DVD + Blu-Ray = $24.99
Package 4 = DVD + Blu-Ray + Digital Soundtrack Download = $29.99

I got package number 3 because I downloaded the soundtrack when the film came out, but I got this from the Disney Store in order to get the extra little prints that came with it there. Walmart with have finger puppets instead. It's all marketing and it serves to facilitate sales. The only complaint i can understand is the omission of the deleted scenes on the DVD. I'm sure it could have fit, but Disney's obviously trying to get people to buy Blu-rays.
I understand that, but whats irritating me is that Package 1 is JUST the movie. It doesnt have ANY special features. Package 2 has the soundtrack card yes, but why does this one have the bonus feature? Why cant Package 1 have the bonus feature? Same disc, same specs. I see no reason for it. On top of that, Why cant both packages of the blu ray include the digital copy? I would understand if it was 4 packages with the exact same content plus or minus the download card, but instead they made 4 versions of the dvd, each with additional content that should have come on it to begin with -_-

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's a valid complaint. I'm going out to buy a Blu-ray player this week because of the upcoming disc and money is very tight. A 2-disc DVD set with all the special features would have been nice. Disney is one of the first companies to sign on to Blu-Ray and they are trying to influence customers with these decisions. Meh. I guess it's finally worked on me, but I would have gotten a player anyway once TMM came out on the format.

I understand that, but whats irritating me is that Package 1 is JUST the movie. It doesnt have ANY special features. Package 2 has the soundtrack card yes, but why does this one have the bonus feature? Why cant Package 1 have the bonus feature? Same disc, same specs. I see no reason for it. On top of that, Why cant both packages of the blu ray include the digital copy? I would understand if it was 4 packages with the exact same content plus or minus the download card, but instead they made 4 versions of the dvd, each with additional content that should have come on it to begin with -_-
It is a little weird, but we should be raving about all the available goodies rather than complaining about particular packagings that we're not gonna get anyway. :stick_out_tongue:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
what's the biggest difference btw the 3 disc edition and the 2 disc? is is just the soundtrack card?
The 3 disc version has the soundtrack card and the digital copy.

It say's on MuppetWiki that, the digital copy has an exclusive bonus called 'Inside Walter's Trailer' Take a peek inside Walter's trailer as he prepares to play his big role.

I was thinking about buying the 3 disc edition because of the extra bonus, but I really want the Metal Box version (it just has the DVD and Blu-Ray), so I'm going to get that. I'm hoping one of the UK releases will have 'Inside Walter's Trailer', and then I'll also buy that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It is a little weird, but we should be raving about all the available goodies rather than complaining about particular packagings that we're not gonna get anyway. :stick_out_tongue:
The packaging doesn't bother me none... just the fact that not everyone can enjoy the deleted sequences and extended song sequence. The bonus sound track stuff doesn't effect my decision either way, but the lack of bonuses DOES. Especially since an almost bare bones DVD release should have been cheaper at least. There's no reasoning behind this decision than to kiss Sony's ring. And in the end, it's going to hurt regular DVD sales of this movie. Of course, I'm not taking this as an "of course Disney does this to the Muppets" bit. They aren't special there. But it seems like the regular DVD collectors who are happy with the format they have are being ignored. I'm sure there's a space issue that prevents everything offered on the Blu copy to be on the DVD in more than one disk... but at LEAST half of the deleted sequences and the extended Tex Richman scene SHOULD have been carried over.

Here's my question, though... if Disney didn't care to have a regular DVD release of the movie, why then did they even offer it at all? 20 bucks for one lousy feature? Sure, that stuff might fly for Netflix or Redbox... but for home video purchase, they might as well JUST released the combo pack with or without the soundtrack.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Here's my question, though... if Disney didn't care to have a regular DVD release of the movie, why then did they even offer it at all? 20 bucks for one lousy feature? Sure, that stuff might fly for Netflix or Redbox... but for home video purchase, they might as well JUST released the combo pack with or without the soundtrack.
That is exactly how I feel.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The packaging doesn't bother me none... just the fact that not everyone can enjoy the deleted sequences and extended song sequence. The bonus sound track stuff doesn't effect my decision either way, but the lack of bonuses DOES. Especially since an almost bare bones DVD release should have been cheaper at least. There's no reasoning behind this decision than to kiss Sony's ring. And in the end, it's going to hurt regular DVD sales of this movie. Of course, I'm not taking this as an "of course Disney does this to the Muppets" bit. They aren't special there. But it seems like the regular DVD collectors who are happy with the format they have are being ignored. I'm sure there's a space issue that prevents everything offered on the Blu copy to be on the DVD in more than one disk... but at LEAST half of the deleted sequences and the extended Tex Richman scene SHOULD have been carried over.

It's a Disney release and they've likely projected sales. I doubt they'll lose a dime doing it this way. Most people apparently have Blu-rays these days. They should definitely have put as much on the DVD. What the heck happened to the 2 disc DVD set? But this is how such releases go so i have no real complaints. Blu-ray players are now at DVD competitive prices. Also, there are actually a lot of people who don't watch special features or want any of it. Personally, I think the bare bones should be offered for 14.99. That makes the most sense. But again, don't really care. I'll probably wear out the disc and have to buy it again. Hahaha.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a Disney release and they've likely projected sales. I doubt they'll lose a dime doing it this way. Most people apparently have Blu-rays these days. They should definitely have put as much on the DVD. What the heck happened to the 2 disc DVD set?

Slightly more people have Blu-Ray. I don't know anyone who actually has one.

Like I said before, the future isn't a premium version of what we have, the future is digital downloads. I still find Blu-Ray an unnecessary step in the matter. It's shinier and flashier, but it's basically the same as a DVD, it just holds more data. It's not like the huge jump from VHS to DVD.

By the time most people have a Blu-Ray player, it will be over. Everything will be online only. If it was 10 years away, I could see the matter, but digital downloads being the norm is on our doorstep, at least down the street and walking at a brisk pace.

But I agree. Where's the 2 Disk REGULAR DVD? I bought the Beauty and the Beast DVD from last year as a gift from someone, and it had all the features you'd come to expect from Disney on the second disk. It's such a shame that this is the norm for every entertainment company... but the difference between those companies and Disney is that in less than a year the bare bones DVD releases go from the 20 dollar SRP to as low as 10 bucks in a few months. Sometimes less. Disney's usually don't.