The "It's A Great Time To Be A Muppet Fan" Thread - No Pessimism Allowed!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fan forums are natural places for nit-picking, fanatical rants and critiques, but I'm tired of MC turning into a mostly-gripe fest in light of all the frognabbit fantastic Muppet news! That's why I created this area. If this thread flourishes I will continue to visit the forum often. If not then I'm thinking of moving on.

Today Vulture Magazine announced the early stages for a new Muppet movie! That's today's fantastic news and I couldn't be more pleased. I have no idea where the story's gonna go or when it will be released, but I have high hopes.

If you have any great Muppet fan news or thoughtful comments on this or any other posts then by all means comment! If not then please steer clear of this thread. This is the good news thread. The Walter thread, if you will.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At first I thought it said "no permission allowed!"

Yeah, this is a good time to be a fan. Two other good times to be fans that I can think of include the 1993-1996 period (when Buena Vista was releasing Muppet videos and Nickelodeon was frequently rerunning Muppet Babies, The Muppet Show, and Muppet specials) and 2002-2004 (when Palisades released Muppet figures, it was common to find loads of Muppet merchandise in addition to the action figures, and It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie came out).

I've only read a little of the next movie news. Hopefully it'll be just as good. I wonder if the team behind The Muppets ever thought up ideas for more Muppet projects, or if they'll make a movie based on an existing idea (like The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made or that long-postponed halloween special as a movie) or if they'll have to come up with something completely original.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
LOVE this thread. I'm in the same boat as Jamie... sick of pessimism and ready to drop out of here if it comes to that. But this is such a great thread and I'm hopeful that it takes off.

AMAZING movie news withstanding... SCOOTER just presented SOLO at the TED Conference. If that isn't something to shout from the rooftops about, I don't know what is. Go Muppets!!

zoebell

Reaction score
i wonder what the new story will be too.

Borples

Reaction score
I've loved the Muppets since I was just a little kid. All my life, I've heralded new Muppet stuff with glee. It never took much to make me happy. I remember thinking that the viral vids and Muppets.com stuff were amazing gifts to Muppet fans--as they were! But now. NOW! Since last summer or so, there has been a parade of appearances, promotions, music videos, trailers. Come November, it turned into a deluge of interview after interview after appearance after interview (thanks to Steve and Eric, especially, for all of that hard work!). And, AND, this time it was all on the internet! No more need to cry over forgetting a Tonight Show appearance, no more (well...not much) whining about appearances in other countries that were out of our reach. There was so much new Muppet stuff on the internet that it was almost impossible to keep up with it all and still maintain other, you know, important things in life. (Er....sorry, kids.)

And THEN we got a new feature film, which had so long seemed like it was never going to happen. And, even more amazingly, it was good! Really good! And then there were more appearances and promotions. And then the Muppets won an Oscar, for crying out loud! And now we have the blu-ray to look forward to, with what promises to be awesome bonus content. And now there are already murmurings about another movie!!

I can't imagine a better time to be a Muppet fan. I can't imagine how this time could be any better. Well, I could, but it would involve the Muppets being on my television with a new show every week. And at this point, it wouldn't even surprise me if that happened. THE WORLD HAS GONE MUPPETY AND I AM REVELING IN IT!

Great thread, frogboy! :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Since it seems like they're doing a sequel for sure, what do you all think that Disney will do to keep the Muppets in the public eye until the release of the movie? It probably won't be until like 2014, so do you think they'll do a couple of TV specials in the interim?

Borples

Reaction score
Since it seems like they're doing a sequel for sure, what do you all think that Disney will do to keep the Muppets in the public eye until the release of the movie? It probably won't be until like 2014, so do you think they'll do a couple of TV specials in the interim?
Hope so! Is it silly, though, that I want more viral vids more than I want TV specials? Must have more Muppet content on Youtube!!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Hope so! Is it silly, though, that I want more viral vids more than I want TV specials? Must have more Muppet content on Youtube!!
Either one is great! I don't see why they can't do both, actually.

zoebell

Reaction score
well, it seems like now there's an average of two years btw movies and the sequels, so it might even come out in late 2013. but i guess 2014 is more likely

i hope they do some kind of specials btw now and then. i really think they should do a Halloween one and a Valentine's Day one at some point. holiday specials have the potential to become staples, and i guarantee the ratings would be good if it was on ABC or something

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I think it would be fun to revisit the eletion special idea...but keep it light on real politics