The "It's A Great Time To Be A Muppet Fan" Thread - No Pessimism Allowed!

Hubert

Reaction score
REBUILT!

Its the "Go Muppets!" of 2012, and "Go Muppets!" was the Gratuitous Penguins of 2011 :stick_out_tongue:
Beauregard! You were the T*K*O janitor, so you better not kill this thread with that!

Oh, wait, I guess now that I posted this, you won't, so nevermind.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now anyway, it is a great time to be a Muppet fan! The one thing that defines this for me the most is that Uncle Deadly, Behemoth, the Mutations, Thog, Beautiful Day Monster, Afghan Hound, and countless others were REBUILT to make an appearance in 2011. REBUILT! REBUILT! They went to all the trouble to REBUILD Muppets just for us. REBUILT!
Here's hoping the success of the movie will lead to them rebuilding more obscure characters!

I wonder if the success of "The Muppets" will lead to more demand for non-Muppet puppet programs.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The appearance of Scooter was amazing! Just a few years ago one of the Muppet Show comic book artists had informed us that Disney wasn't pushing Scooter to the forefront and now they have him headlining! The tide has turned and the Muppets are back in a big way. They are more than just a movie, a show or a plush toy. Jim's Muppets were ones that lived and breathed in our world. They made odd appearances in odd places. The fact that behavior is happening again tells me that the fuzzy renaissance promised a few years back is upon us now. :wink:

Hubert

Reaction score
The appearance of Scooter was amazing! Just a few years ago one of the Muppet Show comic book artists had informed us that Disney wasn't pushing Scooter to the forefront and now they have him headlining! The tide has turned and the Muppets are back in a big way. They are more than just a movie, a show or a plush toy. Jim's Muppets were ones that lived and breathed in our world. They made odd appearances in odd places. The fact that behavior is happening again tells me that the fuzzy renaissance promised a few years back is upon us now. :wink:
BY HIMSELF!!!!!!!
(OK, I seriously have to stop doing that)

But yeah, I mean, when was the last time Scooter appeared on something not a Muppet production? And spoke?

EDIT: OK, fine, it was 2009, but still...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The appearance of Scooter was amazing! Just a few years ago one of the Muppet Show comic book artists had informed us that Disney wasn't pushing Scooter to the forefront and now they have him headlining!
I had no idea of that, though I noticed he wasn't in many of the viral videos.

I wonder what'll happen next... Could Dr. Strangepork be the next Muppet to make a solo appearance? Or Thog? Or Wayne and Wanda?