1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "It's A Great Time To Be A Muppet Fan" Thread - No Pessimism Allowed!

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by frogboy4, Mar 1, 2012.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

There have been plenty of ads in primetime slots for NBC and ABC. It's amazing any primetime viewer could have missed seeing one. The characters have also plugged the DVD on ABC's the View and Good Morning America, CNN's Anderson Cooper 360, MTV's Musical Madness and Comedy Central's Colbert Report over the past several days. These are high profile appearances. Not to mention this week's Electric Mayhem appearance on Jimmy Kimmel.

No pessimism or frowny faces really needed - - especially in this thread!

I'd call this Muppet domination.

In fact, there was just an ad in the second "Smash" break like two seconds ago!!
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Okay, well yeah, there's nothing good to warrant a viewing from me on either of those networks, so yeah, okay. Still looking forward to the release anyshoe.
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I've decided to add a Walter smile for general optimism, excitement and positive thinking. MC could use more Walters! The great passion he brought to the Muppets movie has earned him a place in my heart and a place in our smilies. He's right here if and when MC wants to add him.​
    [​IMG]
  4. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Great idea! [​IMG]
    frogboy4 likes this.
  5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I saw a lot of commercials for the DVD release during the NCAA tournament on TNT or TBS of all places.
  6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any commercials, but then I don't watch TV. Ah well.

I bought a blu-ray player last weekend. Rather, my mother, ever the practical one, bought it for me as my (very early) birthday present. I pre-ordered mine on Amazon, so I'm gonna have to wait for it to arrive while alla the rest of you are gushing about your Wal-Mart & Best Buy copies and playing with your finger puppets. But! I shall be strong! I expect to spend this weekend breaking in my Blu-Ray.

BTW, I found out that my Blu-Ray player can play MKV video files. (Don't ask me.) So I converted a bunch of video files to that format and burned a tester disc. Presto, I can watch all the trailers on TV instead of on a computer screen! My next project will be to convert the complete Muppet Family Christmas that I snagged offa Youtube, plus all those viral videos and other goodies that I've been pulling outta my cache.
    Borples likes this.
  7. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Jamie I love your Walter!!! He's adorable!
    Muppet fan 123 and frogboy4 like this.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I pretty much stopped watching Saturday morning programming all together, so I have to get my knowledge of McDonalds premiums via their website. If you don;t watch certain things, you won't see the advertisements.

I've been watching at least one prime time show a week, and the last week or so, I've seen Muppet DVD ads on almost every program's commercial breaks. I don't think the movie even got that much attention when it first came out. Optimism? More people will catch the DVD version. Large rental numbers, large sales... if the 88 mil it made domestically and the 100 something world wide wasn't enough, this will cinch the popularity of the film. And in time, hopefully that means more merchandise.

Still, a lot of other fandoms just aren't as lucky as ours is. We completely lucked out with Jason and Nick and of course, the unsung writers at Muppet Studio that helped shape the script. Considering the stuff I'm hearing about the TMNT franchise under Nickelodeon and what Producer of the next movie Michael Bay wants to do... No... consider the fact that we're probably never going to get a Muppet project attached to Bay is a great sign.

All we need now is more merchandise, and I'm optimistic we'll get some further down the road.
  9. Speed Tracer

Speed Tracer Well-Known Member

I love this thread. I took a short break from MC to focus on the play I'm directing, and I come back and see all this, and, just... man, what a great place to be :sing:
    frogboy4 likes this.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Got the next green-light on something today. Good news will follow soon...
    [​IMG]
  11. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Uuuugh, you're killing' me with the anticipations man! :D I can hardly wait to hear about /see your current project. I really wish I had your contacts at Disney, AND I really hope it's something I can purchase, like I'd LOVE to purchase your T-shirt... c'mon Threadless, PLEASE print me a 2XL! ;)

Hey Jamie, did you see the pic I took of my & my Boys' BaB Kermit's? They're so dang adorable, I'm hoping I can find a BaB trenchcoat, and also maybe a getup to match his Bob Cratchit look. :D

ALSO, I'm getting closer to finally finishing my Muppet shirt design, then I'm gonna make matching shirts for my family for the next time we visit Disneyland, which will hopefully be soon! :)
    frogboy4 likes this.
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

BaB Kermits? :confused: Did I miss that?:eek:What are these?

Most of my work is brokered through third parties. :o The current "Celebrational" piece isn't a shirt, but it is kind of a sequel to the "Muppetational Mosaic." I don't know why Threadless hasn't reprinted the shirt. I hope their contract didn't end in 2011. Can't wait to see your Muppet Shirt design!! What's gonna be in it? How will you be printing it?

I'm hoping to make an announcement in the next two weeks. [​IMG] The product proofs will probably get here in a few days. Eeek!
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  13. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Ha ha, "eeek!" is one of my favorite sayings (along with grotey, yay, and stupid!). :D BaB is just the abbreviation I use for Build-a-Bear Workshop, have you seen their Kermit and Piggy? Kermie is awesome of course, and another of course: Piggy's likeness leaves something to be desired (is that the correct saying? Haven't used or heard it in forever, lol). Got a Kermit each for myself and my Boy, dressed mine TMM standoff-style in cowboy boots and a hat, and my Boys' in a puffy army-green coat w/fur-lined hood and color-y scarf ala LTS. We love our Kermits! I snapped some pics of my Son hugging his Kermie, have yet to post them here though, but I did post pics of our Kermits all dressed-up in the Build a Bear thread and the Bluray thread... I'll prolly post more in this thread later on.

"Celebrational" huh? Sounds awesome, your teasers equally so. And I'd gladly buy a nice quality print. I'd like one of your Muppetational Mosaic as well, but I really just NEED the shirt first, ha ha. Oh, one of my little brothers works at a UPS Store, so I'll prolly have him print my shirt, hee-hee. It's still got that Kermit I drew for the contest, but with his main pals surrounding him, a new logo, and some shooting stars - retro style. :D Its not gonna be epic, but it's the shirt I've always wanted, the one that would have been had I known about Threadless' contest more than 2 days before the end date, oops! ;) Stuff like this takes a while when you're chasing after a little guy all the time, ha. God I love my Son!! :)
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That sounds fantastic! I'd love to see it!!

The build-a-bears look better than I'd have thought. Kermit looks great, Miss Piggy looks better than most plush these days (that's not really saying much). I'm holding off until they do a Fozzie or Gonzo. It's good that kids have access to interactive toys that aren't video game centered.

The "Muppetational Mosaic" took about 30+ hours of work. I almost didn't finish it. The "Celebrational ______" took well-over 100. Both pieces are vector-based and were hand drawn on my tablet. A Cintiq really is an artist's best friend!
  15. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking, too.

And now we've got the Kermit's Party viral videos, which are great (even if they are really extended Bounty commercials). They're much better than The Muppets Kitchen and From the Balcony. And we got three in the first day (I know, four episodes of The Muppets Kitchen premiered on the same day)!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  16. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Number of holds update:

The Muppets: 219 (!!!)
    Chipwrecked: 60 (it comes out today on DVD)

Nice to see people actually do have taste after all! :) Keep eating poop and making outdated references, Alvin, and see how we're still not laughing... :(
  17. catherine

catherine Active Member

I love watching stuff to do with the muppets.
  18. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------
    I was annoyed for days that my bluray copy of "The Muppets" was taking forever, which is an experience I've never had with amazon before...and then it hit me. Did the first wave of these dvds sell out?? That would explain the delay! Anyone know?

And hey Frogboy. LOVE that banner with Statler, Waldorf, Walter (and is that Robin?)!

Making my own Newsie t-shirt this coming week. Soon as I have the art done. :news:
    ------------------
    frogboy4 likes this.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks. That's a sneak peek at something to come. (oh, and that's a teeny, tiny Droop).
  20. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

is there any way to find out how it's selling?