The "It's A Great Time To Be A Muppet Fan" Thread - No Pessimism Allowed!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That sounds like a good appearance. But I can think of a better later appearance of Scooter: When he and Kermit presented the academy award for best animated short. Not quite sure when it happened, but I know it was in the 1980s.
Good point, that was 1986.

And the Children's Songs and Stories with the Muppets VHS also has a heavy amount of Scooter.
And that's my blog entry, lol.
http://herald7.wordpress.com/2007/06/11/5/

zoebell

Reaction score
i really wish i could see that tonight show episode

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
You also get a $10 coupon and I hear they are restocking Pepe so I'm excited. It was 24 bucks but considering all I got with it I'm excited (and the dvd comes with it to boot). the 20th can't come soon enough.
I agree!

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Great thread!

Still narrowing down what pre-order I am going to jump on, so does anyone know if the pre-orders are expected to arrive the day the movie is in stores?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Great thread!

Still narrowing down what pre-order I am going to jump on, so does anyone know if the pre-orders are expected to arrive the day the movie is in stores?
You can do that through Amazon if you use their expedited shipping...but it'll cost extra down the line.

YES it is a wondrously Muppety time of the year! You'll see hats and cute keychains, cool shirts and fond refrains of lines we all cheeeer..it's the most Muppety time of the yeeeear!
---------------

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
To help shed some light on why I'm so thrilled at the Muppet pop-culture permeation (before and after the new movie's release) I'm going to wind the clock back ten years.

The first Spider-Man movie had just hit theatres. I went to see it with my best friends from high school - we loved it. About a week later I went to Wal-Mart and there was a huge display of Spider-Man movie tie-in toys. I remember standing there and grinning like an idiot - I never thought I'd live long enough to see Spider-Man be considered cool again.

At this point, it had been three years since MFS bombed (I remember calling 19 different people to come see it with me and they all turned me down) and IAVMMCM was still in production. The characters I had loved all my life seemed to be stuck in cold storage.

Fast-forward to late 2009: Classic Muppet clips and new virals popped up all over YouTube ("Bohemian Rhapsody" caused a mini-media sensation and stoked the possibility of a new movie), and the memories of "From The Balcony" and the Grammy-winning A Green and Red Christmas were still fresh in people's minds, with LTS debuting on NBC and Jimmy Fallon showing some love with the "12 Days of Christmas" reunion spot.

2011: New movie - and a GREAT new movie at that. Best-reviewed movie of the year, in fact. Terrific trailers, commercials, promotional appearances all over the dial (I'm still smiling at the Good Morning America and Dancing With The Stars spots, as well as Kermit's TV and radio interviews on Canada's public broadcaster, CBC), The Green Album, Kermit helping Michelle Obama light up the White House Christmas tree, and the entertainment media universally opening its arms to welcome the Muppets back.

Last summer, our neighbours went to Disney World and brought me back a Kermit fridge magnet. Just before Christmas, the teenage daughter of one of my best high-school friends ALSO went to Disney World and brought me back a Kermit keychain. I took great delight in sending people "Muppet Messenger" Christmas and New Year's greetings on Facebook.

My wife and I are counting down the days until The Muppets arrives on DVD - we suspect another screening party will take place at the Baptist Church where she holds her Tuesday-night Christian youth group (who begged us to screen TMM there last summer and to take them to see The Muppets in theatres this past December).

The Muppets are everywhere, and everyone loves them all over again. It's arguable that there were even periods during the '80s (however briefly) when they didn't have this much media penetration.

And...An Academy Award at last, and ANOTHER new movie potentially on the way? No room for pessimism in this corner, friends.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Oh... thank you, thank you, Jamie! I think we need this thread after all the drama that's gone on these past few years! It's a very great time to be a Muppet fan indeed! Everywhere I've turned these past few months there have been commercials, plush, news stories, Oscar hosting petitions (!!!), appearances at the Oscars, an Oscar for "Best Song" (double !!!), interviews, Muppet radio, and to top it off a brand new Muppet movie itself! And I feel even more ecstatic with the prospects of another new movie! I feel like a Walter in a Muppet Theater right now and I think we should all be feeling good!:smile::big_grin::wink::fishy::crazy::zany::super::insatiable::laugh::excited::jim:!!!!!

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
LOVE this thread. I'm in the same boat as Jamie... sick of pessimism and ready to drop out of here if it comes to that. But this is such a great thread and I'm hopeful that it takes off.

AMAZING movie news withstanding... SCOOTER just presented SOLO at the TED Conference. If that isn't something to shout from the rooftops about, I don't know what is. Go Muppets!!
You should make your own Muppet Mindset forum if that's the case!:smile: Of course, without negativity!:wink: