TV Alert: Muppets at the 84th Academy Awards on ABC

Alvin

Reaction score
I don't know what it is about this soundtrack, but I can't stop listening or singing the songs....these are some of the best Muppet Songs in a long time!

MuppetGuy75

Reaction score
I'm so thrilled about the Oscar win! That was LONG over due! I was so happy for them! It was also great to see Kermit and Piggy all dressed up! :smile: Now the fun part about this all is that The Muppets will forever be known as the Academy Award winning film. Sweeeet!

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I'm so thrilled about the Oscar win! That was LONG over due! I was so happy for them! It was also great to see Kermit and Piggy all dressed up! :smile: Now the fun part about this all is that The Muppets will forever be known as the Academy Award winning film. Sweeeet!
I have to say even I'm kind of scared about saying that in a sentence, but that's becuase I never did see the new movie. :concern:
It is a shame that that this movie made it when the others didn't. :sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have to say even I'm kind of scared about saying that in a sentence, but that's becuase I never did see the new movie. :concern:
It is a shame that that this movie made it when the others didn't. :sympathy:
Oh you're right, this should have happened years ago, fer sure.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I finally listened to the Oscar-winning Norma Rae song ("It Goes How It Goes" by Jennifer Warnes) on YouTube this morning. It's not bad - quite pretty as a matter of fact - but it struck me as a bit cliched and repetitive.

I'm probably biased as I have 32 years of experience with "Rainbow Connection" as opposed to 32 minutes with "It Goes How It Goes" (I never saw Norma Rae), but I don't think the song stacks up lyrically or melodically to "Rainbow Connection." And you're right, it certainly hasn't emerged as the timeless, classic favourite that "Rainbow Connection" has become.
The Academy has always chosen some pretty ehhh songs that don't seem that special, or at worst cases give you a complete feeling of "WHAT IN THE..?..... ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS?!?!" it sometimes feels like it's the last category they have to judge on after a long, long day and they just want to go home, and are completely annoyed there's something else left to do they forgot and already got up and got their coats and walked halfway through the door. Which explains how it was handled this year.

Now, South Park famously lampooned the fact "Blame Canada" (which was a miracle nomination) lost to Phil Collins's lame "You'll be in my Heart" from Tarzan (which, I guess if In saw in theaters and didn't feel that Inspector Gadget's merchandising got the bum's rush because of it, I'd probably like it better)... I think that's the episode where Timmy is a rock star, but I'm not sure... but "It's Hard out there for a Pimp" was the jaw drop heard 'round the world (family friendly forum, and reading Cracked articles all day conflicted and that's the best I could think of).

I fail to see why nothing from MCC or MTI wasn't nominated for anything.

But Man or Muppet beat incredibly stupid odds of only 2 songs being nominated and won. I was almost sure it would lose to the very subpar Rio song. You know, just to be The Academy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Now, South Park famously lampooned the fact "Blame Canada" (which was a miracle nomination) lost to Phil Collins's lame "You'll be in my Heart" from Tarzan
Yeah, typical! Lol :wink:

I fail to see why nothing from MCC or MTI wasn't nominated for anything.
Yeah even though MCC isn't my favorite movie, I can totally see their soundtrack getting some recognition.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet: The "Man or Muppet" Oscar was co-presented by Zack "Hobo Joe" Galafiankis! Tres cool, non???

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet: The "Man or Muppet" Oscar was co-presented by Zack "Hobo Joe" Galafiankis! Tres cool, non???
You know I was so frustrated about the lengthy introcudtion to this and the fact they were not performing that I didn't even think about that. cool though.