Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hehe...Oops...I derailed the NEWEST MUPPET MOVIE thread into a VMC discussion! Quick, lets get back to it, I wonder who will cameo in this new movie then!?

I'm still holding out for Gaga.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I'd like to see the Muppeteer Muppets make small cameos in the background.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don't worry most of it probably will go over their heads (thankfully). But I do think this is the kind of reason some people have been turned off by the post-Henson stuff. I just don't think there's much else to get out of the film beyond some gratuitous shock moments. But that's just me. If other people like it, that's fine. I personally don't consider it canon. :smile:
There IS no Muppet Canon. There's never been an attempt... VMX and the new movie made references to The Muppet Movie, and almost take them into their story line... but the new movie clearly refers to them as movies as well. Even if it didn't, it combined the first three movies into the plot, when all of those movies, at least in canon, don't mesh at all.

So don't worry, you shouldn't take it into canon anyway. It probably gets contridicted by something else.

I haven't seen MWO but I remember a parent review on Amazon complaining that she'd bought it because she "trusted the Muppet name," only to be disturbed at how her daughter was repeating the more tasteless lines from the film. The Muppets should be better than that (and thankfully they were with The Muppets (2011).)
This is going to be one of those don't get me star... TOO LATE deals, isn't it.

I could write a whole book about how embarrassing MWO was, but that film was very disturbing. I mean, I'm perfectly okay with Scooter cage dancing and Sam as a rave monkey, and underage Robin working at a bar... but let's face it... Piggy was hard core Heath Ledger Joker evil in that one. I mean, if you look at the Snow White episode of Muppet Babies, she could play evil in a nasty, regretful, spoiled way and it works in character... but don't take my word for it. Listen to "The Witch is in the House." Listen to the lyrics carefully.... it's a long and kinda disturbing list of threats. "You're gonna wish that you were already dead" being one of them. And the worst part is that it's the best song on the whole album.

Now, considering that as evil as the Wicked Witch of the West was, Wicked clouded my judgement.... I'll attest to that. Her evil was motivated, and let's not forget, Dorothy's house killed her beloved sister. Of course she's nasty to her.

But Miss Piggy turns the Wicked Witch into a psychotic villain out of a 1990's Batman comic book. Something so dark that there's no way they'd even let it in a movie. Not to mention her constant filming of that reality show/snuff film. I get that a ticked off Piggy is dangerous, but... wow... just wow...

Heh, I liked that episode of Fairly Oddparents too.
FAIRLY ODDPARENTS! That's the show. Yeah, a lot of the fans feel that episode is almost sadistic. I'm sure it's very funny, I've only read about it. Somehow I was thinking Ed Edd n' Eddy (but nothing like that could possibly happen) and somehow my mind must've warped it into Urusei Yatsura or something more obscure... But yeah, Wonderful Life parody/references can get more disturbing than VMX's was.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
...and we've got a LOT of Kermit in this movie, so Steve was clearly busy.
People keep saying stuff like this, that since one performer was busy with one character, his other characters have to suffer because of it. How does that even make sense? Piggy was a front-lining character in GMC, but so was Fozzie. TMM was Kermit's story, but Dr. Teeth and Rowlf certainly have plenty of lines. Having one character in the spotlight never stopped Jim, Frank or the others from playing other characters in various films and specials.

I think saying "Steve was too busy doing Kermit so Rizzo got only a little screen time" isn't a good reason at all as to why the character doesn't appear very much. It all boils down to the script. If the writers wanted to give Rizzo a scene, all Steve would have to do is slip Kermit off, grab the Rizzo puppet and do the scene. People talk as if the character with the most screen time is going to consume the Muppeteer to the point where he just has no time at all for his other characters.

That's just silly.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
People keep saying stuff like this, that since one performer was busy with one character, his other characters have to suffer because of it. How does that even make sense? Piggy was a front-lining character in GMC, but so was Fozzie.
That is a good point; they got pretty good at using different characters from the same puppeteer.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
My issue is I know of two well respected people who have also wrote a Muppet movie, and they are being pushed to the side.

I have already said to much!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
My issue is I know of two well respected people who have also wrote a Muppet movie, and they are being pushed to the side.

I have already said to much!
I think I know what you know... and saying they're being pushed aside might be unfair. Saying they're being put on hold so Disney can pursue their interests with the Muppets with the guys who successfully brought them back into the spotlight is more accurate. The people you're talking about are amazing and excellent and wonderful but they haven't proven to Disney that they have what it takes to put the franchise back in the public's eye in a big, almost universally well-received way. Disney's going with the less risky decision by tapping Bobin and Stoller again. I can't say that I completely agree... but I understand fully and respect entirely what they're planning.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I do not know what you know and you know *waits for further hints* but I will say that the Muppets may just need to be a little more financially stable and established before any risks can be taken...and if the writers of The Muppets can get them to a place where they can successfully do WHATEVER they want again...well, I can't WAIT to see what these other insiders have been working on!

Walter

Reaction score
I just hope that IF it is a sequel..and even if it is not.. I would like to see more Walter and UNCLE DEADLY..I thank Bobin and Segel for bringing him back from the dead..to the dead..erm..*Anyway* I would like to see him join the main casts again is all..

And of course Walter should be in the next film sequel or not..This movie very well established that Gary is with Mary and Walter belongs with The Muppets.. So wether he plays himself or another character, his prescence is well appreciated :smile: