Videos: Deleted Scene and Bloopers from "The Muppets" Blu-ray

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Exactly...I'm majorly disappointed in the dvd situation myself but there's a reason they are called Bonus features. Also, seriously, this whole conversation is such First World Problems.

Wait, wait, what am I doing? I refuse to get sucked into this debate...

Yesterday I saw DROOP talking in an interview for a NEW Muppet movie in which there was Frog/Pig romance and amazing humour...Yesterday, I saw Scooter at the TED conference...

BluRay? What bluray?

Dead Tom isn't using his...I'm sure we could get it inserted? :big_grin: Sleep well, H.
I agree. That dead horse is dead and now it's getting stinky. No use kicking it anymore...other than it's just icky and kind of rude to disrupt dead things. So I'm gonna leave that alone.

That Droop clip is amazing! It was amazing to hear him again.There seem to be so many funny moments in these extras that I wish more of them had made it into the film! That's a good complaint to have.

And is that a Gloat rebuild or is that a different Green Frackle?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
And is that a Gloat rebuild or is that a different Green Frackle?
At 1st i also thought that was Gloat Frackle, but it also kinda looks like Snake Frackle too. Hmmmm..??

...Or MAYBE a one of the dark grren hunchbacked frackles from Muppet show episode 507? :smirk:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
By the way, just watched MTM on Blu-ray. Amazing!
It is isn't it! I never got MTM on DVD, as I had it on VHS, and when it first came out on DVD I didn't have a DVD player and was still happy with the VHS, but when I found out it was on Blu-Ray I jumped at it. Great quality! Great film!

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I've just pre-ordered The Muppets! :smile: In the end I went for the Wocka Wocka edition plus the free exclusive 'Viva Metal Box' from BestBuy.com. I had to get it sent to friends (who live in the US) of my parents who will then send it on to me, as BestBuy won't ship outside the USA.

Can't wait till it gets here!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It is isn't it! I never got MTM on DVD, as I had it on VHS, and when it first came out on DVD I didn't have a DVD player and was still happy with the VHS, but when I found out it was on Blu-Ray I jumped at it. Great quality! Great film!
The texture on Kermit and the rest of the puppets is so beautiful.

beaker

Reaction score
Gahhhhhh. Seeing this is maddening, as this looks like the ultimate deleted scene/extra. THIS is what I was hoping the movie would have been more like. I actually envisioned a nifty office scene for a muppet film idea http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-muppets/dvd-bonus-extended-scene

Yeah I cant apologize for making a stink on disney intentionally screwing dvd owners. Not when you see these amazing things. I cannot wait til they all get put on youtube

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Gahhhhhh. Seeing this is maddening, as this looks like the ultimate deleted scene/extra. THIS is what I was hoping the movie would have been more like. I actually envisioned a nifty office scene for a muppet film idea http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-muppets/dvd-bonus-extended-scene

Yeah I cant apologize for making a stink on disney intentionally screwing dvd owners. Not when you see these amazing things. I cannot wait til they all get put on youtube
Yeah as much as I enjoyed the final film, I was shocked to see how much I enjoyed the deleted scenes even more. This was clearly an editing issue. The final film had too much plot exposition and not enough humor. If they do make another film, hopefully that will get more balanced out. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah as much as I enjoyed the final film, I was shocked to see how much I enjoyed the deleted scenes even more. This was clearly an editing issue. The final film had too much plot exposition and not enough humor. If they do make another film, hopefully that will get more balanced out. :smile:
The deleted scenes had that 'real life', independent movie edge to them, while the movie was mostly glossy and colorful. Sometimes things can look TOO good.

That said, I really cannot spare many bad words for this movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The deleted scenes had that 'real life', independent movie edge to them, while the movie was mostly glossy and colorful. Sometimes things can look TOO good.
Yeah pretty much. Again, I enjoyed the movie. But the medium of film in general has its ups and downs and now is not one of its up times, hehe. All this obsession with making things look perfect, way too reminiscent of the 50s, another lukewarm time for movies. Still it's pretty much the Internet's fault, which we benefit from everyday, so I guess it would be hypocritical to complain. :wink:

And the good thing is eventually the pendulum has to swing the other way. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed. All I'm saying.

Way to fend off against piracy. No wonder they wanted SOPA to pass so bad.