Rumor: Lindsay Lohan in "The Muppets" Sequel?

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Interesting thought. I don't know how many people are actually letting sheen off the hook though. I really do hope Lindsay Lohan is straightening out her life, but I think some of her choices to do that were bad. The problem is a lot of these people don't have anyone telling them not to do stupid things. Now Robert Downey amazes me. Not only did he make a comeback but his two big characters are a drug addict and an alcoholic.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know how many people are actually letting sheen off the hook though.
Any of his many actor friends or fans that talk about how wonderfully rebellious he is, ignoring or making excuses for his violent history. I've seen this far too often.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Well, for one thing, Jennifer Aniston doesn't really make good choices in her personal life (HOW many guys has she gone through?)
There's a difference between dating a lot of people and throwing away your career to cocaine/meth whatever Lindsay did.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
We all sabotage ourselves one way or another. Some quicker than others.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, for one thing, Jennifer Aniston doesn't really make good choices in her personal life (HOW many guys has she gone through?), and secondly...
Her F.R.I.E.N.D.S. co-stars look at her and say "at least she has a career." Lemme put it that way. Cougar Town is constantly threatened by cancellation... Mr. Sunshine didn't last long (I blame the fact they explained Allyson Janny's character's craziness when they SHOULD have held off on that). And... that's basically it. She may be making stupid movies, but stupid movies is still better than stupid unsold pilots for a stupid TV series.

Still just because he managed to do a successful movie doesn't mean he's gotten his act together. I know that's the assumption right now but I know how these "Behind the Music's" play. We found out later on that things weren't so rosy as they appeared to be.

And I'm sorry but Downey had multiple chances, not just a second one. He got away with far too much and didn't get the same kind of negative reaction from the public that Lindsay did. Same with Charlie Sheen. If it's a guy screwing up we talk about how rebellious they still are. If it's a woman, she's just sad and pathetic.
All celebs have skeletons in the closet. Some get revealed very publicly by themselves, some you don't find out until its too late. Sometimes, they do one really REALLY big thing and that's it. Sometimes it's little things.

Charlie, however? Well, that's Chuck Lorre's fault. He's the one that hired him when he had a history a lot worse than Robert's. Plus, that show was on one season too long even before Charlie fell off the wagon and lost it. Now we got Ashton Kutcher making it even more of an unwatchable joke and it's STILL getting good ratings? The show's been boring as heck since he popped on. I wish they got John Stamos.

Still, I just don't hate anyone enough to be happy they failed. As much as the thought of a 40 year old overweight Miley Cyrus mumbling through old songs at a state fair would bring me a chuckle, I'd actually hate to see that and I don't like her all that much. I quite hate hearing child actor "where are they now" stories that don't have a happy ending. I really don't want Lindsay to screw it all up again, but it's probably going to happen.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Her F.R.I.E.N.D.S. co-stars look at her and say "at least she has a career." Lemme put it that way. Cougar Town is constantly threatened by cancellation...
*crying* Please don't cancel Friends with Beverages (as I prefer to call it, since I can't quite bring myself to say "Cougar Town" out loud). Oh please don't let this happen!

Drtooth

Reaction score
*crying* Please don't cancel Friends with Beverages (as I prefer to call it, since I can't quite bring myself to say "Cougar Town" out loud). Oh please don't let this happen!
I know the guy who created it was desperate to change the name. I said to myself, it's too bad that Arrested Development was already taken.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Charlie, however? Well, that's Chuck Lorre's fault. He's the one that hired him when he had a history a lot worse than Robert's.
I agree that they certainly had to have known what they were getting into when they hired him. And by the same token, there was certainly a lot of publicity about Sheen that the audience should have been aware of. Instead they ignored it or just kept making excuses for their hero just to keep the show on the air. (Again, not talking about you)

MuppetVision

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Lindsay as a cameo in it, if that did happen. Heck the more a-listers they get (and even if you don't think she's an a-lister at least her name is known by most.) the more chance the movie will draw in more of the non-muppet fan crowd.

I am excited that Buzz is already forming around the potential new movie!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree that they certainly had to have known what they were getting into when they hired him. And by the same token, there was certainly a lot of publicity about Sheen that the audience should have been aware of. Instead they ignored it or just kept making excuses for their hero just to keep the show on the air. (Again, not talking about you)
It's a combination of both their faults. Chuck hired someone with a spotty past, but all Sheen had to do was not screw up. Had both parties managed to put up with each other just a little longer, they could have ended the show when it was on top with a decent, plausible ending. But Sheen went nuts and Chuck wanted the sweet sweet money of a show that went on for an interminable amount of time. I don't really think the audience cares about anything BTS as long as they're entertained and it's not a Michael Vick level of despicableness. I try very hard to separate the characters from their real life counterparts.

I find 2.5 Men a Family Guy situation... you have 2 other, BETTER written shows that sorta kinda get ratings as good as the main show. Just superior in every way because they TRY. The main show is just "there" and doesn't have to do squat because people still watch. Mike and Molly and Big Bang have a lot of depth that 2.5 lost years ago.