Rumor: Lindsay Lohan in "The Muppets" Sequel?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know who's a hot actor now? Robert Downey Jr. Someone who got into drugs and had a very very dramatic career spiral downhill, we thought we'd never see him again. Then came something that lead to Iron Man, and he's like in everything now. Every celebrity is worthy of a second chance.
Still just because he managed to do a successful movie doesn't mean he's gotten his act together. I know that's the assumption right now but I know how these "Behind the Music's" play. We found out later on that things weren't so rosy as they appeared to be.

And I'm sorry but Downey had multiple chances, not just a second one. He got away with far too much and didn't get the same kind of negative reaction from the public that Lindsay did. Same with Charlie Sheen. If it's a guy screwing up we talk about how rebellious they still are. If it's a woman, she's just sad and pathetic.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If it's a guy screwing up we talk about how rebellious they still are. If it's a woman, she's just sad and pathetic.
Because of the olden times belief that women are supposed to be the "fairer sex". At least that's the way Dr. Phil put it once when he compares teenaged girls, and otherwise young women (like twentysomethings) acting out as opposed to be teenaged boys and twentysomething men.

Not to mention, another point that a lot of people make is that if men sleep around with a lot of women they're apparently praised for their actions, but if women sleep around with a lot of men they're regarded as certain words I can't use on this forum.

Personally, I think neither of the genders should be praised for such activities, or rebellious behavior, or whatever... if they're not shown the consequences of their actions, or nothing is done to punish them for their own good, they'll never learn... like with Sheen and Lohan, they NEVER get in trouble for what they do, and after a while, we've stopped wondering why they always get in trouble all the time.

zoebell

Reaction score
i think robert downey jr. was much more talented and had a lot more friends in hollywood than lindsay lohan. people really wanted to see him get it together because he had true potential, and i honestly don't think anybody ever felt that way about lohan. she was 17 years old when she started going downhill and she'd only really had a couple of movies that were hits (and that wasn't necessarily due to her, anybody could have played her part in mean girls and it would have been good)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
i think robert downey jr. was much more talented and had a lot more friends in hollywood than lindsay lohan. people really wanted to see him get it together because he had true potential, and i honestly don't think anybody ever felt that way about lohan. she was 17 years old when she started going downhill and she'd only really had a couple of movies that were hits (and that wasn't necessarily due to her, anybody could have played her part in mean girls and it would have been good)
Her version of Freaky Friday was okay at first, but I don't know, I think it lost its appeal to me in recent years... she was pretty good in that movie, I must say, but I didn't necessarily agree with some film critics at the time who were saying she was destined to be the next Meg Ryan (whom people are now regarding as a home-wrecker since John Mellencamp divorced his wife of some many years to marry her instead). Her performances were stellar at best, but I didn't really think she was really A-list Hollywood material... again, I just could NOT see her playing the Jeannie that Barbara Eden perfected so well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
i think robert downey jr. was much more talented and had a lot more friends in hollywood than lindsay lohan. people really wanted to see him get it together because he had true potential
I just don't think having more talent means more people should be rooting for them to get better. In fact a lot of times these "friends" will end up putting all their effort into getting them new work so the audience will stick around, but not really getting them the help they need.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Her version of Freaky Friday was okay at first, but I don't know, I think it lost its appeal to me in recent years... she was pretty good in that movie, I must say, but I didn't necessarily agree with some film critics at the time who were saying she was destined to be the next Meg Ryan (whom people are now regarding as a home-wrecker since John Mellencamp divorced his wife of some many years to marry her instead). Her performances were stellar at best, but I didn't really think she was really A-list Hollywood material... again, I just could NOT see her playing the Jeannie that Barbara Eden perfected so well.
I don't ever remember hearing comparisons to Meg Ryan, but I think she peaked with Mean Girls. By 2006 she was already getting closed to washed up, with terrible flicks like I Know Who Killed Me and that trash biopic of Mark David Chapman with Jared Leto. I don't think she could have ever reached Meg Ryan's level in terms of carrying a picture, but with good choices in both her personal life and her professional life she could have turned into a sort of Jennifer Aniston-lite, doing romantic comedies and stuff.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ibut with good choices in both her personal life and her professional life she could have turned into a sort of Jennifer Aniston-lite, doing romantic comedies and stuff.
Well, for one thing, Jennifer Aniston doesn't really make good choices in her personal life (HOW many guys has she gone through?), and secondly... I think Rachel McAdams has already stepped into that role... y'know how people always complain of Jennifer Aniston doing the same movies over and over and over again? That's basically what Rachel McAdams has been doing these last few years.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think Rachel McAdams has already stepped into that role... y'know how people always complain of Jennifer Aniston doing the same movies over and over and over again? That's basically what Rachel McAdams has been doing these last few years.
It's funny, in any other industry that would be called having a stable career. But in the show business it's considered embarrassing, heh.

zoebell

Reaction score
yeah, i honestly think her getting into trouble and all made her MORE famous than she was before

so to me, when her level of fame comes from scandals, that diminishes any credibility. i don't think she had that much of a screen presence to begin with. most people praised jamie lee curtis's performance for the freaky friday success, and with mean girls, i guarantee you that could have been any other actress in that part and it would have been the same. rachel mcadams arguably stole more scenes in that with her role. the star of that movie was tina fey's script

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
so to me, when her level of fame comes from scandals, that diminishes any credibility.i don't think she had that much of a screen presence to begin with.
I just don't like letting other drug addict actors like Downey and Sheen off the hook because they supposedly have more screen presence. (Not saying you're doing that, just audiences in general)