Rumor: Lindsay Lohan in "The Muppets" Sequel?

Borples

Reaction score
I'm sure she'll star in the new movie. When pigs fly.

Wait a minute . . . .

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is nothing more than a rumor started by Lohan and her people. The script isn't even written yet... the thought that she's being rumored for a cameo already is laughable.
Totally. We don't even have the barest thread of a plot idea, let alone who's going to be in it. And, let's say, she was written into the script... how many cameos were supposedly written in for this last film that weren't in it? Lady Gaga, Vince Vaugn, Jane Lynch... all were supposed reported cameos that weren't even in the script (though Vince was supposedly in the first draft of the script that involved the movie Swingers).

Still, I can't blame Lindsay. You know who's a hot actor now? Robert Downey Jr. Someone who got into drugs and had a very very dramatic career spiral downhill, we thought we'd never see him again. Then came something that lead to Iron Man, and he's like in everything now. Every celebrity is worthy of a second chance. Heck, Mel Gibson even bounced back from the anti-semetic remarks he made when he was drunk driving. Just... not that second time. Lindsay threw her career away when she was partying with bad influences like Paris Hilton (Lindsay's father wasn't a prize to begin with, though... her entire family's a freak show that was just leeching off her success). As long as she actually tries hard this time and actually stays clean and shows up, she has the ability to bring herself back.

Just... I don't think this is the right movie.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I'm sure she'll star in the new movie. When pigs fly.

Wait a minute . . . .
No! Borples! Number one Muppet rule! Never insult Miss Piggy anymore than you would a king, queen, or president!

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
As long as she actually tries hard this time and actually stays clean and shows up, she has the ability to bring herself back.

Just... I don't think this is the right movie.
Agreed. And if there's even a shred of truth to the "source's" claim that she even joked about a scene involving meeting Miss Piggy in rehab, that shows (a) she's not taking her recovery seriously and (b) she doesn't recognize the Muppets don't delve into that kind of humour.

Saw her in The Parent Trap on TV a couple of weeks ago...I still can't believe the sad spirals her life took in the following 14 years. Part of me would love to see her redeem herself with a great Muppet movie cameo (the Robert Downey Jr. comparison is a good one) but I'd hate to see her situation overshadow the movie itself.

Roseline

Reaction score
Don't have a problem with a cameo from her, but she's not a good enough actress to hold court with the Muppets over the two hour length of a movie. Miss Piggy would blow her out of the water easily.
I agree. And Miss Piggy? In rehab? That's way to declasse for her

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree. And Miss Piggy? In rehab? That's way to declasse for her
Back when she was prepared to be a coffee pig just to get on TV, then maybe she would have hit rehab if it had made her more famous....But the whole 'rehab for publicity' thing is actually well over now, and when people go there, its more damaging than healthy for their careers.

Plus, Piggy doesn't have any real flaws that would land her in rehab. Even her frog-stalking has been more mutual these days.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, but you guys are forgetting something... in the previous movie, Animal was at an anger management facility, which, in a way, is kind of like a rehab facility, just not for drugs and alcohol and such.

Borples

Reaction score
No! Borples! Number one Muppet rule! Never insult Miss Piggy anymore than you would a king, queen, or president!
I hope that wasn't enough to invoke her wrath; otherwise, I beg the Pig's pardon. When the Muppets were on SNL with Jason Segel, her response to pigs flying was one of my favorite things. "I believe that pigs can fly..." "First class!" :smile:

So, I find it encouraging that here's someone trying to make a comeback. And the first thing she thinks of? Muppet movie! The whole thing is ridiculous, but at least people are thinking Muppets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed. And if there's even a shred of truth to the "source's" claim that she even joked about a scene involving meeting Miss Piggy in rehab, that shows (a) she's not taking her recovery seriously and (b) she doesn't recognize the Muppets don't delve into that kind of humour.

Saw her in The Parent Trap on TV a couple of weeks ago...I still can't believe the sad spirals her life took in the following 14 years. Part of me would love to see her redeem herself with a great Muppet movie cameo (the Robert Downey Jr. comparison is a good one) but I'd hate to see her situation overshadow the movie itself.
I just don't see a Piggy in rehab joke. I can't. Out of all the Muppets, she's the least likely one to be there. After all, she was in the best situation of all the Muppets (probably not emotionally) in the movie, and true to that stale old joke, Piggy would go off the wagon with food, not drugs or alcohol. If that were to happen in a Muppet movie, Piggy would be in Weight Watchers or Over-eaters Anonymous, not rehab.

Lindsay wasn't the greatest actress of all time, but she had a career and threw it away. Whether it have been pressure of too much too soon or just having a BAD father or whatever... she tossed a career away and she blew off multiple opportunities to try to come back. SNL was her attempt to actually seize an opportunity to get back out there, they didn't kittyfoot around her problems, and it proves she does deep down want to change what she was. For her sake, that had better be true and she better stick to it.

Think of it this way... the voice of beloved Kid's favorite Buzz Lightyear had cocaine problems decades ago. There is always hope for them.