Everybody Has a Song

charlietheowl

Reaction score
You're welcome! And I'm honored to have helped you gain confidence in your writing. I hope you continue writing in the future, you're good at it.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Warning- do not use liquid cayenne pepper as a remedy for your asthma without consulting your doctor. I've heard of people who use it, but only a doctor should decide what you should take for your asthma. I am not responsible for what happens to you if you don't listen to me and take cayenne pepper.

Chapter 13

Lana could hear her breath rattling in her ears. Her heart hammered and her chest felt as if an invisible hand was constricting it. She barely noticed Gobo and Red hovering over her with an assortment of Boober’s remedies.

“No, Red! Mokey said to give her this bottle, not that one!”

“What does Mokey know about medicine anyway, Gobo? I’m giving her this one. Moonrose helps allergies, right?”

“Moonrose brings down fevers, Red! Give me the bottle!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

Red had both hands clasped around the bottle, and Gobo was doing was doing his best to wrench it from her grasp. Soon it looked like a tug-of-war game, but no one was laughing.

“Actually, neither of those bottles will do any good.”

“Boober! Tell Gobo to quit pestering me!”

“Who’s being the pest?” countered Gobo.

“Oh honestly, will you two stop? You fight like an old mated couple.”

Red blushed deeply. Gobo was too busy fantasizing about being mated with Mokey to notice.

Boober chose to ignore Red’s blush and began searching through the cupboards for pollen ointment. At first his search was methodical, but as Lana’s breaths became gasping pleas for air, Boober started to panic. As he finished searching the last shelf, he rounded on Red and Gobo. ”What did you do with the ointment?”

“You mean you don’t have her medicine?”

“You mean you don’t have it?”

“Where is it?”

“Lana, do you- Lana!””

Lana’s eyes had shut. She had passed out.

0o0

Lana found herself floating, surrounded by white light. Wherever she was, it was pleasantly warm, and she could at least breathe.

I wonder how Boober is doing, she thought. I hope he isn’t too worried about me. But where am I?

Lana concentrated, her mind reaching out to any songs that might be heard. The notes came to her just moments later, each one familiar. She squinted into the bright light.

“Auntie Glenda?”

0o0

Mokey, Wembley, Pedley, Red and Gobo looked on helplessly as Boober turned over everything in his room looking for the ointment. Finally, they found the jar in Lana’s corner of the room. It was empty.

“NO!” cried Boober, and he began to sob.

“She must have used it all on the handkerchief, “ said Wembley. “Now what do we do?”

The Fraggles looked at each other blankly. Boober’s sobs quieted, but he was still in no condition to speak.

Suddenly, Gobo’s face brightened. “Wait! I remember the last time I went to Outer Space, Doc told me about a friend of his, who had a really bad allergy called asthma. He used something called liquid cayenne pepper to get rid of it. I bet I could get some for you.”.

“Y-you know how I feel about Outer Space remedies,” said Boober, struggling to regain his composure.

“This one comes from a plant. I’m sure it’ll work. We have to try!”

0o0

“Yes dear, it’s me!” Glenda sounded delighted, but doubt flickered in Lana’s mind.

“But aren’t you- am I-“

“Oh no dear, you’re not dead- and I am still alive, in a sense at least. When we die, we go on.”

Lana stared at her aunt, who was starting to come into focus. Lana had inherited her aunt’s magenta fur and yellow hair, but she was a good deal taller than Glenda, who was Boober’s height.

“I brought you here because I have message for Boober,” said Glenda gently. “I know you must be confused, but we don’t have much time.”

0o0

“I have the bottle!” shouted Gobo.

“Hurry, Boober!” shouted Red.

“Doc says a few drops should do it,” said Gobo

With Pedley’s help, Boober forced Lana’s mouth open. He poured three drops down her throat.

0o0

Almost as quickly as it had appeared, the image of Glenda began to dissolve.

“Oh, dear,” said Glenda. “We must hurry. Tell Boober that I am always with him, and to trust himself, and…” Glenda’s voice began to fade, “Tell him I approve of his new mate.”

0o0

Lana felt a heave, as if she were being pushed back into her old life. She discovered that she was no longer struggling to breathe, but she was exhausted. As she drifted off to sleep, she thought she felt Pedley’s hand holding hers.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
OK, what happened to the font in the last paragraph?
It's a mystery...

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Thank goodness Boober came to the rescue to help his sister.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this wasn't more clear: Auntie Glenda is Boober's mom, which makes him and Lana cousins. Don't be embarrased; looking back I realize that wasn't clear enough.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
OK, guys, last chapter! If you want to review, now is the time! Iwill properly thank everyone at a later date. Sorry about the typos- my computer wouldn't let me fix them.

Chapter 14

Two weeks later, The Fraggles trailed behind Mokey, who was covering Boober’s eyes with her hands just in case he could see his surprise from underneath his hat. Lana wore a cast on her leg (Boober had re-broken the fracture for her so that her leg would heal properly.) but otherwise little on the surface had changed.

Mokey gently guided Boober through the tunnels. Pedley held Lana’s hand. When Lana had woken up the morning after her allergy attack, all doubt that he remembered her had faded when she saw him sitting beside her bed.

Red was wondering what had come over her two weeks ago, when she had blushed at Boober’s mention of her and Gobo acting like a mated couple. As if she could mate with a fraggle who, at times, could be the bossiest, most annoying Fraggle in the Rock! Besides, he seemed to like Mokey better than her anyway.

Wembley was wondering why all of his friends had fallen in love, and when it would happen to him.

Finally, the seven Fraggles made it to their destination- the Great Hall.

“Open your eyes, ” Mokey told Boober.

She took her hands away, and as if on cue, the Fraggles began to sing.

We all gather here today

To celebrate a friend

Who we thought was lost to us forever.

We are all one, and so a part of us was lost to us

And we sought him out with fervor.

Oooh, we can’t say how we missed him,

But he has returned.

And now we’ll share a lesson we have learned.

Never take your friends for granted. They may go away,

But in our hearts and minds is where they’ll stay.

Now our song is done so we can play!

The great hall was filled with Fraggles, and all were singing this song. They stood elbow to elbow; it was so crowded. A Fraggle Boober didn’t even know began to chant his name. The entire crowd took up the chant. Boober happily buried his face in Mokey’s sweater.

After he recovered himself, Boober noticed two other Fraggles blocking his view of something a few yards away.

“What’s that?” he asked, and the Fraggles parted, revealing an array of new cooking tools, a new cookbook, and the wrapped package Mokey had never gotten around to giving him earlier that month.

After only looking at his other things for a few seconds, Boober ripped the paper off Mokey’s parcel. In it was a small painting of Mokey and Boober. Its color was a little faded, but Boober recognized it instantly.

When mokey had first taken up painting, she had drawn herself and Boober playing Hidey-ho. Boober had thought it absurd at the time, but he now understood what the painting meant. Mokey seemed to be reading his mind, because she said, “Whoever you are, and whoever you choose to become, I will always love you. Boober, I would be honored if you would be my mate.”

Boober looked at Mokey and smiled, reaching up to hold her hand. “Yes.”

In the absolute mayhem that ensued afterward, no one but noticed Gobo slip out of the Great Hall

0o0

Red found Gobo in the T. Matthew Fraggle Room. She went over to him

Gobo looked up. “Hey, Red. Listen, I know that the way Mokey feels about Boober isn’t gonna change.”

Red looked at him, not sure wether to be happy or sad. “No, it’s not.”

“I have to go away for a while, to forget this,” he continued.

“You’re… you’re leaving?”

“I’m going to see Doc. I’m using the archway. No one will notice if I leave by that route.”

“But… but…”

“Goodbye, Red,” said Gobo, and before Red could get her words out, he touched the archway, and disappeared in a rush of wind and light.

To be continued in the semi- near future in, “Three Separate Journeys.”

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm glad that things worked out for Boober, but you got us with the cliff-hanger! Looking forward to whatever you write next.

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Thanks, charlietheowl! I need to do some more "research" (i.e watching FR over and over) before I start Three Seperate Journeys, but I am currently writing a Gonzo fic- When Life Gives You Cannons. Your reviews are always welcome if you wish to give them.

And now for all the thank-yous I need to give out...

To charlietheowl, who helped me gain confidence that this story had something to say.

To We Got Us, who's reviews were always much anticipated and enjoyed. You spread the word about my story and consoled me when I was in a writing slump. You rock!

To Blackearin (hope I spelled that right) who gave me constructive criticism as well as praise (I have been in writers groups before, and truly constructive critiscism like yours is always important to me.) This will help me pace my future stories- thank you!

To kittyxms.pepper, whohelped me get through the entire story by giving me praise when I least expected it.

To The Count, without whom I still would not have posted chapter 2.

Finally, to all those who read my story but didn't review. I don't know for sure what you thought of my story, but the fact that I have almost 1,000 views at the time of this post warms my heart and tells me I must be doing something right.

Thank you all!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Thanks, charlietheowl! I need to do some more "research" (i.e watching FR over and over) before I start Three Seperate Journeys, but I am currently writing a Gonzo fic- When Life Gives You Cannons. Your reviews are always welcome if you wish to give them.

And now for all the thank-yous I need to give out...

To charlietheowl, who helped me gain confidence that this story had something to say.

To We Got Us, who's reviews were always much anticipated and enjoyed. You spread the word about my story and consoled me when I was in a writing slump. You rock!

To Blackearin (hope I spelled that right) who gave me constructive criticism as well as praise (I have been in writers groups before, and truly constructive critiscism like yours is always important to me.) This will help me pace my future stories- thank you!

To kittyxms.pepper, whohelped me get through the entire story by giving me praise when I least expected it.

To The Count, without whom I still would not have posted chapter 2.

Finally, to all those who read my story but didn't review. I don't know for sure what you thought of my story, but the fact that I have almost 1,000 views at the time of this post warms my heart and tells me I must be doing something right.

Thank you all!
I read this story and this is really amazing. Great job on going into Boober's backstory of what he really was on the series and sort of part of Dave Golez since he didn't like New York.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Oh mostlikemokey! It's been so long since I was even on here, but your reply reached my email and I went back and read this amazing story all over again. Beautiful! Every time I watch Fraggle Rock now a days, I find myself thinking of this story as if it were an actual episode/special. It's so amazingly heartfelt and in character. If I get the chance (it's been an insane Summer) I will go and check out your other fics. Keep on writing, you really have a gift! :smile::big_grin::wink: