Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Forum Upgrade March 24

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Walter smilie, :fanatic:; emails with the Muppet smilies properly displayed; Ignore feature; conversations marked as read; these are all things I'm liking in the upgrades.
Hope the member birthdays will be brought back next though.

Also nice is that the page auto-refreshes after making a post to show all current posts.
Thanks for all of this Phil.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for adding all of this and for adding Walter. He really deserves a smilie here!! :fanatic:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
We can be ignored now:embarrassed: I mean I don't try to offend anyone, but wow being ignored in Cyber space could really hurt your self esteem :sleep::boo: Like the Walter Smilie though:fanatic:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
We can be ignored now:embarrassed: I mean I don't try to offend anyone, but wow being ignored in Cyber space could really hurt your self esteem
Its not like you will know if a person is ignoring you...and sadly, we needed the option :frown:

I feel like the live alert thing is a bit redundant, though I haven't seen it in action myself yet

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Constructively exploring a variety of viewpoints is what forums are all about. :attitude::concern: Sometimes discussions become antagonistic. Some people rub others the wrong way. Such is life. Sometimes it can be fixed. :super: That is ideal, yet not always possible. :sympathy:

While the Ignore Feature can initially be seen as offensive, it also clears the road for more productive conversation between willing participants and this creates a better forum experience for everybody. :smile: "Yaaaay!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like the upgrades too, but there seems to be something missing... weren't we also supposed to get a birthday module on the forum index as well, like we had on the old one? I seem to recall people asking for that.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I like the upgrades too, but there seems to be something missing... weren't we also supposed to get a birthday module on the forum index as well, like we had on the old one? I seem to recall people asking for that.
Yes I would also like to see that added as well Snowth. Maybe it will be on the next upgrade?

But I like everything that's been added so far. Especially the ignore option. And good old Walter here is so cute. :fanatic:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't get the ignoring thing... so if someone ignores you then you can't see their posts in the forum or is it just on private conversations?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't get the ignoring thing... so if someone ignores you then you can't see their posts in the forum or is it just on private conversations?
"Ignore" makes the ignored party completely invisible. The only visible evidence of them on the forum is their post likes, their main page presence and their overall account membership. :search: The posts and quotes of ignored parties are completely out of site from the person ignoring them. That can be a little confusing because unignored people could be referring to ignored folks, but only the unignored portions can be seen. There is a feature at the bottom to view potentially ignored posts in a thread. That's a good fix. One must choose to unignore someone for the feed to revert to normal on a regular basis. My experience is now closer to that of ten years ago. MC is once again a pleasant place. This feature is a godsend! Thank you much for it. :super: