Videos: "Kermit's Party" sponsored by Bounty Paper Towels

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kermit doesn't live in a mansion remember? He lives in the swamp still when he's not working. Lol.
But in here it's clearly not a swamp. Though it'd make sense for him to use the mansion for a party (I doubt many of his friends would want to attend a party in the swamp).

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know it's not a swamp but this is a commercial. :stick_out_tongue: Of course their not gonna shoot it in a swamp. And technically Kermit is working.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I liked these. Not the best Muppet commercials ever, but still fun. And while it's true that we didn't see several favourites (Fozzie, Piggy, Rowlf, the Mayhem) I'm pleased that they were able to fit so many into each one-minute spot, especially the Chef (this may be the most interaction he's EVER had with Kermit), Gonzo, Rizzo and Statler & Waldorf.

And Pepe had a pretty funky dance going in the first one ("Chef Catastrophe"), didn't he? :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
In a way, this home reminds me of Kermit's mansion (with all the friends Kermit has it'd make sense to throw a party in a big mansion), but it also reminds me of that PSA where Kermit tells the viewers to imagine if everybody lived in one home.
It seems like a modest suburban house in a slightly higher class neighborhood rather than a mansion. But it does seem like those other PSA's... and even to some extent the Sesame Street bits where Grover's a salesman selling stuff to Kermit.

Even if they did mention it was Kermit's place (I don't think they did), it does work for the sake of the gag. Besides, a swamp is messy enough to being with.

beaker

Reaction score
What a nice surprise! I love seeing all the monsters (ESPECIALLY Carl^__^)

Though uh, slipping a pill into a punch bowl...not sure if that's very Muppety >__O

catherine

Reaction score
lol love it, I agree with minor muppetz and Borples. They could have done more to it than what they did.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for posting again, but something was bugging me. The advertising part of these seems a little flat. There's a mess, thank goodness we have Bounty. Eh. So I was trying to think how that could have been done in a more Muppety manner. And I decided it would be better if there was no Bounty. As in:

*mess is made*
Kermit: Oh no! Get the Bounty paper towels!
Bunsen: We're used them all yesterday when Gonzo tried in-home scuba diving.

So the characters try various other silly things to clean up the mess. The Chef uses...I dunno, oatmeal, maybe. Gonzo uses tap-dancing sea sponges. Bunsen uses a ridiculously overpowered shop vac he invented. And of course, the oatmeal, sea sponges and shop vac run amok and take over the house. If only they'd had Bounty...

There. I fixed it. *walks off whistling*
LOL! Love it! Ok, you're officially hired to write the next Muppet commercial. not that I have any say in the matter.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
lol love it, I agree with minor muppetz and Borples. They could have done more to it than what they did.
How much can you do in a min? It'd not like they had 5 mins to work with. I thought they were all great.

GPrime1

Reaction score
Sorry for posting again, but something was bugging me. The advertising part of these seems a little flat. There's a mess, thank goodness we have Bounty. Eh. So I was trying to think how that could have been done in a more Muppety manner. And I decided it would be better if there was no Bounty. As in:

*mess is made*
Kermit: Oh no! Get the Bounty paper towels!
Bunsen: We're used them all yesterday when Gonzo tried in-home scuba diving.

So the characters try various other silly things to clean up the mess. The Chef uses...I dunno, oatmeal, maybe. Gonzo uses tap-dancing sea sponges. Bunsen uses a ridiculously overpowered shop vac he invented. And of course, the oatmeal, sea sponges and shop vac run amok and take over the house. If only they'd had Bounty...

There. I fixed it. *walks off whistling*
I'm with you on this one. As much as I enjoyed the ads, I like the potential of your idea much better!