Your Thoughts: Muppet Central Forum Upgrade March 24

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It would be great to follow the TP tradition of using our real first names - at least in out in signatures.
That should be entirely up to each member due to privacy reasons. I understand your point regarding discussions, but if a member wants to give out their name, they should be able to do it on their terms-like in a private message or something.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Huh? Quit what?
If we were to be required to supply our names, I would quit the forum. Yeah, I could use a fake name, but thats not the issue. I don't like feeling like people are trying to pry into my personal business

Misskermie

Reaction score
If we were to be required to supply our names, I would quit the forum. Yeah, I could use a fake name, but thats not the issue. I don't like feeling like people are trying to pry into my personal business
That's why I use my nickname, and since that name is common, I'm harder to track.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I must have missed that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That should be entirely up to each member due to privacy reasons. I understand your point regarding discussions, but if a member wants to give out their name, they should be able to do it on their terms-like in a private message or something.
Listing a first name doesn't compromise privacy. :smile: First names help facilitate free, honest and open discussion. People are less likely to toss barbs at others if they are required to sign each post. Hiding seems kind of creepy. :scary: Actually very creepy to me. :embarrassed:

None of us pay for membership so changes are up to the webmaster, not us. It is an unlikely change, but it has really improved the quality of other forums.

I think a "Real First Names" club for MC would be good idea.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Listing a first name doesn't compromise privacy. :smile: First names help facilitate free, honest and open discussion. People are less likely to toss barbs at others if they are required to sign each post. Hiding seems kind of creepy. :scary:

None of us pay for membership so changes are up to the webmaster, not us. It is an unlikely change, but it has really improved the quality of other forums.
There is no use in defending my stance because you are not inside my head and will never understand my reasoning and that is fine. But I will quit if our personal information is publicly displayed.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have to agree, I don't love giving out my real name online, lol.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Listing a first name doesn't compromise privacy. :smile: First names help facilitate free, honest and open discussion. People are less likely to toss barbs at others if they are required to sign each post. Hiding seems kind of creepy. :scary: Actually very creepy to me. :embarrassed:
Again, I understand your point about discussion-names add a personal touch that can effect what a person posts-but I think that should be left up to the individual's discretion, so as to not make anyone uncomfortable if giving out first names makes them feel that way. You're also right in that the ultimate decision would be up to the moderators.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Again, I understand your point about discussion-names add a personal touch that can effect what a person posts-but I think that should be left up to the individual's discretion, so as to not make anyone uncomfortable if giving out first names makes them feel that way. You're also right in that the ultimate decision would be up to the moderators.
That's already how it is and I can understand upholding the status-quo. I personally think it's about time for a change after 14 years. I'm already giddy over the new features in this upgrade! :cool:

The opposition to this kind of change not only seems odd to me, it also might be indicative that I'm growing away from MC. I understand the need for privacy, but not anonymity and certainly not opposition to a compromise that would permit members to keep both their member name along side a first name. :smile: There's only one instance of conflict and that's the few Muppet professionals who post here under screen names.

But as I've stated - it's probably moot. It's unlikely that the moderators will want to open this can of worms. :wink:

PS. Please excuse my typing. I'm still trying to master the stylus script-to-type feature on my wacom. :embarrassed: