TV Alert: Kids Choice Awards 2012 on March 31

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well the poeple who are voting are mostly young children and tweens :/

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah it's obvious by who won. Oh well at least Kermit won't have to get dry cleaned from being slimed. :smile:

Borples

Reaction score
Wait, the Chipmunks beat The Muppets AND Harry Potter? Ouch. Why in the world do parents encourage their kids to watch garbage these days?

Borples

Reaction score
Most parents just don't put that much thought into exposing their kids to quality. That was true even when I was a kid.
Right. And they should, because kids are inexplicably drawn to the worst stuff. That's why I kind of side-eye Kevin Clash when he responds to Elmo-haters by saying something like, "The kids let us know what they like and respond to." Just because kids like it doesn't make it good. (By the way, this is not an Elmo-bash. I actually like the little guy. I despise his "world," but the character is fine.) I say parents should exercise some control over their kids' entertainment, and the world would be a smarter place in twenty years or so.

zoebell

Reaction score
yeah, i mean, if it had to lose, couldn't it have at least lost to harry potter? that would make more sense to me at least. who's voting for these things?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right. And they should, because kids are inexplicably drawn to the worst stuff. That's why I kind of side-eye Kevin Clash when he responds to Elmo-haters by saying something like, "The kids let us know what they like and respond to." Just because kids like it doesn't make it good. (By the way, this is not an Elmo-bash. I actually like the little guy. I despise his "world," but the character is fine.) I say parents should exercise some control over their kids' entertainment, and the world would be a smarter place in twenty years or so.
Exactly and that is a slight problem with trying to do education on Television. Education can't always be fun and exactly what kids want to hear. That's not good for them.