1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TV Alert: Kids Choice Awards 2012 on March 31

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Hubert, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Well the poeple who are voting are mostly young children and tweens :/
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Like I said at least we all can't say we didn't try.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Yeah it's obvious by who won. Oh well at least Kermit won't have to get dry cleaned from being slimed. :)
    Borples likes this.
  4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Lol thats a positive spin on it XD
  5. Borples

Borples Active Member

Wait, the Chipmunks beat The Muppets AND Harry Potter? Ouch. Why in the world do parents encourage their kids to watch garbage these days?
    heralde likes this.
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Most parents just don't put that much thought into exposing their kids to quality. That was true even when I was a kid.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  7. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

are you a brony?
  8. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Does this answer your question?
  9. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

lol
    ( is a pony fan)
  10. Borples

Borples Active Member

Right. And they should, because kids are inexplicably drawn to the worst stuff. That's why I kind of side-eye Kevin Clash when he responds to Elmo-haters by saying something like, "The kids let us know what they like and respond to." Just because kids like it doesn't make it good. (By the way, this is not an Elmo-bash. I actually like the little guy. I despise his "world," but the character is fine.) I say parents should exercise some control over their kids' entertainment, and the world would be a smarter place in twenty years or so.
    heralde likes this.
  11. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

yeah, i mean, if it had to lose, couldn't it have at least lost to harry potter? that would make more sense to me at least. who's voting for these things?
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  12. BobThePizzaBoy

Sweet! I'll just warn you right now, don't read Cupcakes if you haven't already. :eek:
  13. heralde

Exactly and that is a slight problem with trying to do education on Television. Education can't always be fun and exactly what kids want to hear. That's not good for them.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Apparently the chipmunks have as more relatives then Kermit and they outnumbered the muppets!
  15. BobThePizzaBoy

The youth of America. That's who.
    heralde likes this.
  16. heralde

No just more mindless followers, hehe. ;)
  17. BobThePizzaBoy

I think we're all forgetting mindless Twilight followers made Amy Adams lose, too. ;)
    heralde likes this.
  18. heralde

Years from now I hope Twilight fans will fully appreciate the damage they did to pop culture and cinema as a whole. ;)
  19. BobThePizzaBoy

Nah, they won't, they'll still be all "ZOMG! Twilight!!!"

When I was a senior in high school, the review of New Moon in the school paper [written by a Twilight fangirl] basically said "Overall, New Moon is kind of bad but the fact that it's Twilight makes it a excellent movie" Where's Roger Ebert when you need him? :rolleyes:
  20. heralde

Yeah High School newspapers are notorious for questionable talent that will have a rude awakening in college, lol.