I'm an organ donor. LoL!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I haven't paid for a haircut since I started donating to LoL.

Hmm, maybe that smiley needs a haircut...

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't paid for a haircut since I started donating to LoL.

Hmm, maybe that smiley needs a haircut...
Ha, I like the way you think. I had to pay for my last haircut. I have a hard time finding people in my area who will comp just because you're donating.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I go to Great Clips. They never grudge the freebie and act like you're the greatest person ever for donating your hair.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I'd love to donate an organ (but I have a piano I can let go cheap)
tuba moan :halo: BAD PUN KATH-EE! BAD PUN!!
Yeah..I know...it WAS a bad pun! I'd donate my hair to LoL too but it's so dang thin from all the medicine I take that the hairdressers would wonder why I'm bothering.
I'd ALSO like to donate my regular organs when I pass away. Unfortunately I've been taking antiseizure medications since I was a teenager.So I don't think anyone would want my kidneys etc. since they've been disposed to medications like mine.
I DO applaud those that contribute to Locks Of Love and regular organ donors. (Does it help that I contribute $ to St Jude every month as a Thank You to God for letting me live when I wasn't supposed to LONG ago?)

Slackbot

Reaction score
You do what you can. I used to give blood regularly until the Red Cross decided that, because I'd been in Great Britain for more than 3 months during the later '80s, I might have Mad Cow Disease. I wish they'd decide on an incubation period for that disease so I could clear myself and go back to bleeding into bottles.

If you give what you can to help others, and maybe gently encourage others to do the same, I'd say you're doin' good.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I'd love to donate an organ (but I have a piano I can let go cheap)
tuba moan :halo: BAD PUN KATH-EE! BAD PUN!!
Yeah..I know...it WAS a bad pun! I'd donate my hair to LoL too but it's so dang thin from all the medicine I take that the hairdressers would wonder why I'm bothering.
I'd ALSO like to donate my regular organs when I pass away. Unfortunately I've been taking antiseizure medications since I was a teenager.So I don't think anyone would want my kidneys etc. since they've been disposed to medications like mine.
I DO applaud those that contribute to Locks Of Love and regular organ donors. (Does it help that I contribute $ to St Jude every month as a Thank You to God for letting me live when I wasn't supposed to LONG ago?)
I think it's great that you donate Money to St. Jude's Kathy. I do know that Locks of Love doesn't take hair that's been chemically treated (at least that's what my mom always tells me).
It is so hard to get my hair long enough to donate. One reason is that I like having short hair so I tend to cut it more whenI go it. Also when my hair reaches a certain length it gets everywhere and I hate haveing to deal with it.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Good for you for donating your hair. My wife's done the same thing. Great cause.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Way to go Slackbot! :big_grin: I'm proud of you. :smile: I might donate to this organization myself someday, but my hair is such a hassle when it's long (which explains why I keep it fairly short), plus I don't know if Locks of Love would have a branch up in Canada where I could donate. It's still a good idea, though. :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm surprised by how many people at work donate or have family members who do.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Way to go Slackbot! :big_grin: I'm proud of you. :smile: I might donate to this organization myself someday, but my hair is such a hassle when it's long (which explains why I keep it fairly short), plus I don't know if Locks of Love would have a branch up in Canada where I could donate. It's still a good idea, though. :smile:
I usually mail my donation in myself so I wouldn't think it would matter if you were in Canada or not. Unless it's important to you to donate to an organization that represents in Canada.