Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't mind if they edited out the hotel sequence... I've seen it on Youtube so many dang times, I can almost recite it. Hate the others are though... it's not like anyone under the age of 13 is even going to care... but I guess it's the masters and Nick's final say.

Still, this one has FEATURES! And a cover by the creator (supposedly). I want to pick this one up a lot more than the first.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hate it when they split the sets up in "Season One, Part One", "Season One, Part Two", etc... it makes it so confusing, like the other day when I overheard a daughter tell her mother or grandmother or whoever that it was part one she had, it was part two she didn't have, "See, there's Season One, Part One, and there's Season Two, Part Two..."

Now then, as long as Nick is releasing it's classic Nicktoons on DVD... how about some of the live-action shows as well? I would LOVE a Region 1 release of Kenan and Kel!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate it when they split the sets up in "Season One, Part One", "Season One, Part Two", etc... it makes it so confusing, like the other day when I overheard a daughter tell her mother or grandmother or whoever that it was part one she had, it was part two she didn't have, "See, there's Season One, Part One, and there's Season Two, Part Two..."
Not a fan of that either... especially when the episode count is like 20 episodes on 2 sets. I give credit for Warner Bros. doing that with Batman The Brave and the Bold... because that's basically the only thing they're releasing in 2 disk sets now. I hate collecting 5 episodes on a $15+ disk, and I'm ticked they are releasing Young Justice that way. I like how they came to their senses with Scooby-Doo: Mystery Inc, and just released the last 14 episodes on a single set, when we had that lame 3 volumes of 4 episodes garbage. And they wonder why DVD sales are so low. THEIR fault.

Still, I actually can't find these Nicktoons releases in most stores. FYE's are gone... all the Best Buys near me suck... Target sometimes gets one int, but usually doesn't. That only leaves local chain Newbury Comics, and usually they only have used copies of them (at like 2-3 bucks off, so it's not that much of a deal). They DID get in Rocko season 2, though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is another interesting development...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Franklin-The-DVD-Collection/16577

Personally, I wasn't much for Nick Jr. as a kid, but Franklin was pretty much the only Nick Jr. show I actually watched... then it suddenly became like Arthur, they started cranking out all these new episodes that were terrible, then it seemed like the reruns were dominated mostly by the newer episodes and hardly ever running the older ones again. Once again, I'm having a should I or shouldn't I debate regarding this set...

Drtooth

Reaction score
The bigger question is... how the heck come these start up or indie DVD companies have a complete series of something on DVD for less than 30 bucks and turn a profit, but the mainstream companies are stuck in 1999 land of several episodes on a single disk? Are those licenses THAT cheap or something? I mean, Mill Creak's packaging is lousy... I'd spring the extra few bucks for small, divided spindles or other cost effective multi-spindled packaging... but a full season of 3rd Rock from the Sun for 5 bucks? How come I have to buy Young Justice and Looney Tunes Show for 15 bucks for 4 episodes or less, and I can get a season of a sitcom with NO alterations to the original music (in other words, all rights have been paid for), but a new series costs twice and three times that much for far less episodes?

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know I almost bought a Rocko's Modern Life production drawing, but got an animation cel of Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts instead.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
You know I almost bought a Rocko's Modern Life production drawing, but got an animation cel of Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts instead.
My uncle bought a Ren & Stimpy cel once and had it up in his kitchen for a while. No clue if they still have it though.