BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Yikes! Anne Hathaway's new haircut is HORRIBLE!!! Is women looking like little boys the big trend in Hollywood right now?
I dunno, some people like cutting their hair super short (I know I do) Plus I read she did it for Les Mis.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Plus I read she did it for Les Mis.
Yeah when actors are going around with strange haircuts it's often times for a role. Fans kept demanding Matthew Broderick cut his side burns, apparently not realizing he had grown them for a play, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Fans kept demanding Matthew Broderick cut his side burns, apparently not realizing he had grown them for a play, lol.
Believe it or not, I recently had let my sideburns grow out as well, but my mom made me get rid of them because she said I looked like a redneck.

EDIT: And I wasn't aware she cut her hair for a new role... lemme guess, she's playing... a hoe? Oh, shocker...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um, she's paying a part in a highly respected musical. :wink:
I can't think of a highly respected musical that has a hoe in it... unless she's finally playing something different.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can't think of a highly respected musical that has a hoe in it... unless she's finally playing something different.
First no offence but that's a disrespectful term for women.

Second, Not all musicals are glitzy and happy. Some musicals represent real life, including the ugly side of things.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Perhaps, but it's the "cleanest" word I can think of for what I mean.
I can't believe I'm getting into this, lol, but the character she's playing in Les Misérables is a prostitute for a time out of desperation. That is the most matter-of-fact and non-insulting term I can think of.

The word you used is not in any way clean and again very disrespectful. Again no offense but these kinds of words are used far too casually.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't believe I'm getting into this, lol, but the character she's playing in Les Misérables is a prostitute for a time out of desperation. That is the most matter-of-fact and non-insulting term I can think of.

The word you used is not in any way clean and again very disrespectful. Again no offense but these kinds of words are used far too casually.
Maybe it's yet another regional thing, because around these parts, "hoe" is "cleaner" than "prostitute". Please believe I mean no offense to anyone, I'm just saying...

But again, I'm not surprised that's what she's playing... ever since those Princess Diaries movies, that's all she ever plays... and she seems to be proud of it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Maybe it's yet another regional thing, because around these parts, "hoe" is "cleaner" than "prostitute".
Again I'm sorry if this seems harsh but on what planet is that word in any way clean? It's a vulgar insult term.

But again, I'm not surprised that's what she's playing... ever since those Princess Diaries movies, that's all she ever plays... and she seems to be proud of it.
Do you know the story of Les Misérables? It's hardly smut.