BOO! The "What Scared You Today?" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again I'm sorry if this seems harsh but on what planet is that word in any way clean? It's a vulgar insult term.
I'm not saying it's a clean word, I'm saying it's "cleaner" (emphasis on quotation marks) than the other similar terms around these parts. Y'know, just like terms like "fricken" and "friggin" aren't clean words either, but they're "cleaner" than the OTHER F-word that they're basically the same as.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not saying it's a clean word, I'm saying it's "cleaner" (emphasis on quotation marks) than the other similar terms around these parts. Y'know, just like terms like "fricken" and "friggin" aren't clean words either, but they're "cleaner" than the OTHER F-word that they're basically the same as.
That word is used to insult and degrade women. It is not a cleaner version of a nasty word. It IS the nasty word.

And again do you know about that play?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That word is used to insult and degrade women. It is not a cleaner version of a nasty word. It IS the nasty word.
Well again, where I come from, you don't get in as much trouble for saying that word as you do any of the other words, so that's why I said it in the first place as opposed to any of the others... perhaps from now on, I'll just use a more politically correct termonology: "Lady-of-the-evening".

And yes, I know about the play, I'm just not surprised she's playing that type of character, because that's all she ever plays.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well again, where I come from, you don't get in as much trouble for saying that word as you do any of the other words, so that's why I said it in the first place as opposed to any of the others... perhaps from now on, I'll just use a more politically correct termonology: "Lady-of-the-evening".
Well then all I can do is paraphrase the master: Ladies-of-the-evening are entering the kingdom of Heaven before us. ; )

And I'm not particularly an Anne Hathaway fan but I can think of many movies where she didn't play a prostitute.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Has anybody seen Lindsay Lohan all made up as Elizabeth Taylor for a new Lifetime biopic? She looks NOTHING like Liz Taylor! If anything, she looks like Cousin Serena from Bewitched having a bad hair day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I got up this morning, my computer wouldn't start for some reason, then I kept getting these error messages saying that the computer couldn't start up because the system needed to be repaired. I don't know what that was all about, but it freaked me out!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
*barely refrains from making Mac vs PC comment*

I'm being a have.
-------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Party City is now out of business.

I CANNOT BELIEVE this! I mean gee whiz, I was just browsing through there, like, two weeks ago or so? And they didn't show any sign of tanking, or not doing well or anything... and they're like the only party supply chain in town, now people are having to drive all the way out to another neighboring town to another party supply store just to get party supplies.