Help: Muppets From Space Widescreen DVD

Alvin

Reaction score
I may be weird...but I don't get the whole wide screen thing...I rather have the whole picture than black bars on the screen. LOL

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I may be weird...but I don't get the whole wide screen thing...I rather have the whole picture than black bars on the screen. LOL
I honestly don't know why people are still confused about this these days, so I'll try to explain this again...

The whole picture is the widescreen version.

Would you rather have Muppet characters chopped out of each shot or have the image size reduced to see the whole picture on one of the old square-shaped televisions with black bars covering where there is no image? I'm sorry, but as a fan, I side with the Muppets every time and want to see each film framed in the correct ratio that the film makers intended. 99% of the time, that ratio would be widescreen.

**However, some films are shot in full frame (because it's a cheaper film stock) with the intention that they format it to widescreen once viewed on any screen. Don't be fooled. When you see "full frame" on home video it is not always the over-shot picture. It's commonly the widescreen version cropped yet again! And regardless, no full frame version of any theatrically released widescreen film is what any director would suggest for viewing. Full frame disrespects all the creative people who worked on the picture...unless you're talking an old television episode or a film like Snow White that has a native full frame format. 99% of motion pictures are widescreen.

Hope this helps. If not, here's an illustrated article that explains the difference. :wink:

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
The Blu-Ray release is widescreen, right? I think it is.

Am I right in saying that the Blu-Ray release has less special features than the DVD release? By the looks of it, the Blu-Ray doesn't include:

1. Video Commentary (with Tim Hill, Kermit the Frog, Gonzo, and Rizzo the Rat)
  2. Blooper Reel (Or is that the 'Outtakes' on the Bul-Ray?)
  3. Talent Files
  4. or the Production Notes

Why on earth is that?
It's almost as annoying as the 50th anniversary edition of 'The Muppet Movie' not having the best special feature from the 2001 release (Jim Frawley's Camera Tests).

The Blu-Ray does however have a 'I Hate Rats!' featurette. Does anyone know if it's new to this release, and what it's like?

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
The Blu-Ray release is widescreen, right? I think it is.

Am I right in saying that the Blu-Ray release has less special features than the DVD release? By the looks of it, the Blu-Ray doesn't include:

1. Video Commentary (with Tim Hill, Kermit the Frog, Gonzo, and Rizzo the Rat)
  2. Blooper Reel (Or is that the 'Outtakes' on the Bul-Ray?)
  3. Talent Files
  4. or the Production Notes
Why on earth is that?

[/quote]

So does this mean that the Muppet Movie video is full screen? man I hope not. A friend and I collect Muppet videos and not dvds.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think most VHS tapes are presented in full screen, but I could be wrong.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Is someone willing to trade with me their MFS widescreen DVD? I've ordered from tons of websites, and always got the full screen version. Just PM me your email address and I'l PM you mine. Thank you!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Sorry for double-posting but, seriously, if anyone is willing to trade with me, I'd really appreciate it. I want the widescreen DVD so badly!