DARK CRYSTAL and LABYRINTH videogames based on the movies

Would you be interested in videogames based on these movies?

• Total voters

Laszlo

Reaction score
I would love to see videogames on these 2 franchises.
How cool it would be to enter a fully interactive world of Dark Crystal and Labyrinth.
I can imagine a similar technology to Tomb Raider or Uncharted for these.
Play as Jen... find Aughra, choose the right Crystal, escape from the Garthim, ... or play as Sarah, find the way through the Labyrith, avoid dangerous traps, meet strange creatures, and so on.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I would like a blend of genres. Dark Crystal screams RPG, but there is action, so there can be that too. Musical minigames (first with the Wisest of the Mystics, to learn the song you'd then have to play by memory over at Aughra's, plus perhaps calming the environment, depending on how you view those quiet solos he does) would be good. Tracking and then racing those stilt creatures would be a nice addition.

For Labyrinth, I desperately want two points of view (at least). One version should be from Jareth's POV. I want to start off before the movie, sulking about how awful my life is, building the Labyrinth. Obstacles would be based on choices I've made during the story (while I haven't played it, I saw the let's play of Silent Hill Shattered Memories and I dig the idea of issues cropping up based on how you answer questions or what you look at). Then there's this chick who makes a wish over in the real world and your job is to frustrate her attempted rescue of that kid you stole. The other version would be from Sarah's POV. If you played as her first, you'd get a default Labyrinth. However, if you played as Jareth first, the flagged save would then influence the Labyrinth you experience. Like the Silent Hill franchise, I want multiple endings, as fans all have their issues and to stop the loud griping that happened at the end of Return to Labyrinth, fans could get the ending they so desired, from Sarah and baby Toby becoming goblins, to Sarah becoming Jareth's queen, to the canon ending that Sarah successfully rescues Toby and goes home all the wiser.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Well, Im not really interested in playing as Jareth. I like the Labyrinth as it is... a mysterious place which can always change. Im more interested in story driven games. "ZELDA Ocarina of time" was also great.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
^_- More interested in story driven games? Okay, but, but ... why can't Labyrinth be one?

Laszlo

Reaction score
Sure, I meant Labyrinth as a story driven game, not a RPG. I would love to see the movie story line in an interactive 3D world. Same with Dark Crystal.
My main problem with RPGs is, they are complicated and the gameplay and character control is usually wooden. The landscapes in SKYRIM are fantastic, but the character control and animations lack. Also character management gets quite complicated after a while.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Please vote... 190+ views but only 4 votes!? :confused:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
If they released a Dark Crystal/ Labyrinth game that was as good as what you described, Laszlo, I would kill to get my hands on a copy. I don't mean that metaphorically, BTW, I mean I would MURDER:crazy::crazy::crazy:!

Laszlo

Reaction score
If they released a Dark Crystal/ Labyrinth game that was as good as what you described, Laszlo, I would kill to get my hands on a copy. I don't mean that metaphorically, BTW, I mean I would MURDER:crazy::crazy::crazy:!
Hehe, good to hear Im not the only one... :wink:

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I created a thread calling for a new Muppets game a few months back. There's been nearly a dozen over the years, but most of them weren't very good, although I found the Boss Battles in Muppet Racing to be quite fun, though the overall game wasn't great. I wish Disney would release a new Muppets VG. Disney recently made a cool mini-game for their Muppets site where you drive Kermit's Rolls Royce (I imagine you play 80's robot) around and find Muppets around the world. It was fun and addictive. Also, as you probably know, there WAS a Japan-only NES Labyrinth game. I downloaded it on my computer. It's Zelda-style top down. Fun but incredibly difficult gameplay. The ravenous fairies are the worst:ouch:.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Hehe, yes Ive seen the old games. Those graphics... :eek: