Funniest Fraggle Moments

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Same with me, except, I would actually have to show them two episodes, the other being the first one, "Beginnings." I don't know if it's like that for everyone, but for me I didn't get the series until I saw that episode. I had two episodes on tape, and the show didn't really make any sense to me until I saw that first one.
My history with "Beginnings" is kind of weird. When I was a little kid I had literally 5 seconds of the episode taped on a VHS, when Gobo said, "I tell ya, Mokey, when you're wrong you're really wrong!" Lol. Beyond that I don't remember the first time I ever saw Fraggle Rock; it's like everything with the Muppets, it's just always been there. :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
See, I believe I only had 2 on tape: "The Great Radish Famine" and "The Minstrels." I didn't get the series at all. I thought Red and Mokey were the only two major characters, and Gobo, Wembley, and Boober were just minor ones, because those two episodes don't heavily feature all the characters. I remember just waiting and getting excited for the Gorg parts, pretty much the only reason I even watched those tapes.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
See, I believe I only had 2 on tape: "The Great Radish Famine" and "The Minstrels." I didn't get the series at all. I thought Red and Mokey were the only two major characters, and Gobo, Wembley, and Boober were just minor ones, because those two episodes don't heavily feature all the characters.
Heh! Yeah you're right, you would think that if you'd only seen those two episodes, lol.

I remember I knew Wembley was kind of young and timid but I had no memory of his being indecisive. But definitely always associated Boober with laundry, lol.

Hubert

Reaction score
Heh! Yeah you're right, you would think that if you'd only seen those two episodes, lol.
The weird thing about it is, that even though I had only ever seen those 2 episodes and didn't understand the series at all, for some reason when the Fraggle Rock Complete Collection came out I felt the need to buy it. And I'm glad I did, it was one of the best decisions I'd ever made. But looking back at the former me, I can't believe that I actually wanted to spend over $100 on a series I didn't even get.

bandit

Reaction score
Oh jeeze! We could be here all day. There really are a ton of them. For me, I think it's the subtle very human moments they have. Character quirks or mannerisms that just smack of truth.
Not that I don't like a little violence or muppet tossing. Hahaha

I always tended to love the episodes with Mokey and Red and playing against their dynamic. Wonder Mountain with the singing cactus.... A Cave of One's Own....and of course, the Poobahs!

Cave of One's own has some great little lines. Red's strained, yet somewhat underplayed sarcastic way of delivering "It was lovely...sharing your ceremony with you...Mokey" after being awakened to gongs and handstand chanting.

Another great moment is in Wembly's Wonderful Whoopie Water when they all try to sing a lullaby to sing the World's oldest to sleep....only to work themselves into a frantic maniacal state of frenzied sing-shouting! It's hilarious.

But really, every little snout scrunch, hand motion...it's all so expertly done. It's in the details and timing and excellent voice acting. Love it!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Cave of One's own has some great little lines. Red's strained, yet somewhat underplayed sarcastic way of delivering "It was lovely...sharing your ceremony with you...Mokey" after being awakened to gongs and handstand chanting.
I love when Wembley and Boober and Gobo are trying to eat the food during the cavewarming party and they keep getting in each other's way!

bandit

Reaction score
Haha! Yes! Round food. Perfect for choking.

RedFraggleRocks

Reaction score
A couple of good ones:

In A Friend in Need, Wembley's trying to tell the others about the nightmare he had but he's not making any sense at all.
"What did we do the last time it happened?"
"Turn him upside down!"
:coy:what? NO!

or I want to be you,
"Red, I just got this great new book its all about disease, this is great, cos now I know what's wrong with me before I get sick and WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO YOUR HAIR?"
that double-take is hilarious! (especially combined with Boober's conversation beforehand)
I thought when I was 5 red was hilarious with all her hair down and all over the place, At 31 I STILL think that's hilarious.

bandit

Reaction score
I thought when I was 5 red was hilarious with all her hair down and all over the place, At 31 I STILL think that's hilarious.
Me too! At *coughcough3cough4coughcough* It's a stunning visual, that's for sure. It's made that much better by Karen Prell referring to Red's look as a crazed Lady MacBeth.