The Kermit Collar Point Counting Club

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to say that I didn't know there was a right number of points. Now that I do, I'll have to go and count the points on all the Kermit things I can find in the house!
I believe Kermit has 18 points on his collar.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Nope. 11 points :smile:
Oh you're right. I think I said that becuase on a MuppetCast episode, Ryan Roe answered that he had 18. I guess he was wrong. Gotta email him.

EDIT: I think the reason why he said it is becuase, originally when Kermit started in the early days, (right before The Muppet Show) Kermit had two layers of collars, which probably came out to 18 collar points.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone's experienced this: You're having a great day, and you're at a store. Your day gets even better when you see some Kermit merchandise, and you the first thing that comes to your mind to do is count to make sure this depiction of Kermit has the 11 collar points he is supposed to have. Then, you're day gets a lot worse, WHEN YOU SEE MUPPET MERCHANDISE DEPICTING KERMIT WITH THE WRONG NUMBER OF COLLARS! Then you get mad, and threaten to it not to buy it because of that, but end up buying it anyway. (Threats don't work too well on merchandise)

So this is the thread to express your frustration of merchandise depicting Kermit with less or more than 11 collar points. I'll start out with these two:

First off, we've got this Jim Shore Kermit Statue. It's a very nice piece of merchandise, but when you count the collar points (it's quite hard to do this by looking at the picture), Kermit only has 10 collar points!

Then, we've got this Kermit head shaker from Muppet Yahtzee. It's neat to have a Kermit head shaker, but when you count the collar points, the total comes out to 12, instead of 11!

So what are your Kermit collar point counting experiences? I'll even keep track of how many items we find of each number, and post it here occasionally.
Another thing, that most of the time I will NOT buy is if Wocka Wocka is spelled wrong. For some reason, people can never spell Wocka or Fozzie right. Even the Jim Shore Statue is wrong, take a look.
http://www.jimshore.com/store/product/productinfo/wakah-wakah-fozzie-figurine/1818?cid=34
I can't say I won't buy it now, it's a nice piece for my collection, but it's kinda annoying seeing this. But when I see other stuff, like Muppet shirts, I take one look at it and see "Fozzy" or Waka Waka or something like that, I get annoyed and do not buy it.

Hubert

Reaction score
And here is our current tally:
12 points - 2 items
10 points - 4 items
8 points - 1 item
Frog Knows How Many points - 1 fan-made item

Definately an article of clothing; he's taken it off on rare occasion (usually when wearing some other type of outfit) - plus let's not forget the Crystal Gayle eppy of TMS where the Prairie Dogs steal his collar!
See, I've always believed that Kermit's collar is a part of him. I mean, think about it, how many people walk around with a weird collar thing around their neck that is not attached to anything else? I also figure that when he wears outfits, he just tucks the collar underneath the outfit.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I sent an email to Jim Shore Company about this. I eventually got ahold of Jim Shore himself and he sent me back an email thanking me for telling me of the mistake. They stopped production of the Fozzie to correct the spelling.