Merchandise in USA

beaker

Reaction score
It's pretty hard to find (quality/interesting) Muppet stuff in American stores. In fact, there's hardly anything to even find. Two American mall stores do carry a few Muppet items, like the tacky/adult oriented Spencers Gifts and then of course Disney Store

Im guessing you're best bet would be Disneyland itself, if you're going there. Again, depends where in CA you're heading to. I'm in Northern California, so not much here.

beaker

Reaction score
Basically shirts and hats and stuff at Spencers. Don't see why they haven't come back to Hot Topic yet.
You been to HT in the last year? Remember how embarrassingly lame HT became in the last decade? (ie; emo screamo catering teen garbage) It's even worse now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see small stuff popping up here and there. Not much of which is remotely interesting. I can't find "Green and Bear it" anywhere. And any time I see some Muppet Things on the rack, there's usually one left.

I don't know if it was such a good idea to have everything come out almost 6 months after the movie, and 2-3 months after it hit DVD. Something tells me it would have helped the B.O. a little.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Hopefully there will be more merchandise available when the new movie comes out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hopefully there will be more merchandise available when the new movie comes out.
You will usually see more merchandise for a sequel. It just happens that way. Madagascar came and went with just a couple plush here and there... Madagascar 2 (and the Penguins Spinoff) had much more... Happy Meal toys, general retail plush, figure sets... stuff like that. That's the only example I have in my head right now. Usually because they don't know what kind of weight the movie has at first.

But Muppet Merchandise shouldn't just be movie related.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. When anything has to be merchandised, it has to be a movie or tie into one.

Yet, TRU has so much trouble keeping the Adventure Time (cartoon series) merchandise in stock. Took me I dunno how many months to finally get a Jake. That's a huge message out there that non-movies can hit merchandising big as well.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
This might sound weird not that I'm big on them but has anyone seen Muppet's fruit snacks? I mean the stinking Chipmunks got fruit snacks! Why didn't The muppets get some kind of food product made? Besides pez? Seems unfair to me!

Drtooth

Reaction score
This might sound weird not that I'm big on them but has anyone seen Muppet's fruit snacks? I mean the stinking Chipmunks got fruit snacks! Why didn't The muppets get some kind of food product made? Besides pez? Seems unfair to me!
Disney makes Fruit snacks of EVERY single one of their movies (though I doubt we'll see any of Brave or Wreck it Ralph), and some of the Marvel based movies (Captain America and the new Spider-Man flick at least). Seems about time for them to get that treatment.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Exactly!!! And I would've bought them too! I actually looking for something like that the other day and was so disappointed to see The chipmunks but not The muppets!